cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Direct TV Question

mustang071
Explorer
Explorer
Help! For those of you who travel with Direct TV, are you able to watch regional sports networks? We have Bally's Sports Southwest here in Texas, but I can't get a straight answer on whether or not we will be able to pick up those broadcasts traveling through the western U.S. states.
Stan & Ann-
with "Ranger Jack", the Guardian Sheltie
11 REPLIES 11

Cristian123
Explorer
Explorer
I watch sports mostly on Dazn (here is a good review https://dazn.pissedconsumer.com/review.html if someone is interested). This is a great sports streaming service. I have a subscription, but it has to be noted that you can watch all of the free videos on the homepage from start to finish even if you don't pay for the service. But thanks for the recommendations!

mustang071
Explorer
Explorer
Thanks again folks. Happy Trails!
Stan & Ann-

dryfly
Explorer
Explorer
mustang071 wrote:
Help! For those of you who travel with Direct TV, are you able to watch regional sports networks? We have Bally's Sports Southwest here in Texas, but I can't get a straight answer on whether or not we will be able to pick up those broadcasts traveling through the western U.S. states.

The answer is yes. I have a standard Directv package (no special sports package) and we watch Rangers games wherever I can get a signal.

steveh27
Explorer
Explorer
Unfortunately, Dish does not carry Bally Sports networks. Due to renewal costs. Sad.

Heisenberg
Explorer
Explorer
You will get those games except when they go to OTA or Apple TV.
2013 Winnebago Sightseer
2017 Colorado

Carl_n_Susan
Nomad II
Nomad II
Bally's Sports Southwest (nee Fox Sports before Sinclair bought them - another story) is channel 676 of DTV. I get it on my display of channels but when I tried to watch it a minute ago it tells me I am blacked out. Most likely because it is not part of my package being in CA and secondly because the current program was the A's baseball game and our area would be blacked out normally.

I have watched Bay Area Sports when out of CA with no issues, so you should be fine.
Temp Signature1
Second Line
Third line
Fourth Line

2oldman
Explorer
Explorer
Depends on which channel it's broadcast on.
"If I'm wearing long pants, I'm too far north" - 2oldman

mustang071
Explorer
Explorer
Thanks for the info everybody!
Stan & Ann-

bobsallyh
Explorer II
Explorer II
WE have DTV as an RV Package. I know the only one we don't get is the PAC 12. Since our address is in Texas, we sometimes get blacked out on the BIG 12.

bgum
Explorer
Explorer
We have Dish network and don't have your problem. We are interested in LSU sports. They can be broadcast on CBS, NBC, ABC, ESPN, Fox, or SEC network. It just depends on who their opponent is and how their season is going. The programming package we have takes care of all the possibilities except when the broadcast is a regional on one of the big 3.

theoldwizard1
Explorer
Explorer
If getting local/regional sports is important to you and you camp where you have a good cell phone signal you can always do this.

โ€ข Buy a "hotspot" and a good cell data plan. Nomad Internet sell both.
โ€ข Sign up for a steaming service that has the regional sports you want, like DirecTV Stream.
โ€ข Buy a streaming device for your TV. (Fire TV Stick, Roco, Apple TV).
โ€ข Use a VPN to set your location to within the area that has your sport.