cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hello from a new member and a question

Yinzer5097
Explorer
Explorer
Hello all. I am a new member and I am starting to research getting something larger than our A-liner. We love it but 3 kids, two adults and a dog is a bit crowded. I have been looking without much success for a TT that is under 30' (prefer 25' or less) with 4 bunk beds and a queen. With 3 kids and a dog I don't have a lot of time to build exactly what we need and I am convinced someone makes a TT like this. I have tried the advanced search in the forum with out much success...if I missed a similar thread I apologize in advance.
11 REPLIES 11

vakirks
Explorer
Explorer
We loved our passport so much it got trashed. Now we are looking at hemisphere hyper lyte. Both quad bunk houses. 30 ish feet. Pay attention to outside storage with 3 kids need lots of toys. We have 4. They are all grown now but still go with us. There are tons of floor plans. Just make sure the bunk styles fit your needs. Have super fun!
The Virginia Kirks
7 of us, 17-52
2000 GMC YUKON XL 2500
2018 Salem Hemisphere Hyper Lyte 29BHHL
A mind needs books as a sword needs a whetstone, if it is to remain sharp. That is is why I read so much. - Tyrion Lannister

Yinzer5097
Explorer
Explorer
Hello and thank you all for the responses. We followed many of your suggestions and links and at least have some ideas. We seem to be an anomaly in the RV market. Bathroom and kitchen space are second fiddle to permanent sleeping space. It seems Sonic and Lance may be as close as we can get to what we want. We camp at a lot of state parks so we need to keep the length down.

jdc1
Explorer II
Explorer II
This is probably the most compact bunkhouse out there:

https://www.bayououtdoor.com/inventory/NEW-2022-DUTCHMEN-KODIAK-SE-24171

You might try looking at toyhaulers too. The problem with most bunkhouses is the wasted space when not sleeping. Over half the trailer is sleeping area.

valhalla360
Nomad II
Nomad II
Tvov wrote:
Seems that most 4 bunk bed trailers are 30' and over, but there are some under. These links show a few, along with longer ones:

Yeah, if you want 4 separate bunks, it results in a longer trailer. Typically the master bedroom in one end and the bunks in the other. Bathroom, kitchen and living room need to fit between.

If you can live with 2 bunks (maybe use the pull out couch or drop the dinnete table), the bunks take one corner with the bathroom using the other corner allowing them to set up a layout that is 5-6ft shorter overall.
Tammy & Mike
Ford F250 V10
2021 Gray Wolf
Gemini Catamaran 34'
Full Time spliting time between boat and RV

jdc1
Explorer II
Explorer II
https://www.google.com/search?rlz=1CACCCC_enUS893&sxsrf=ALiCzsbyqw5A9Zsa3umzPjB9y8IpYpdwBw:1653327199579&q=Bunkhouse+travel+trailer+floor+plans&sa=X&ved=2ahUKEwiJ67Xjk_b3AhW6lI4IHdUfDCcQ4qYDegQIIhAK&biw=1536&bih=714&dpr=1.25

Lwiddis
Explorer
Explorer
A 25 footer isn't going to give you that much more room for two adults, three GROWING children and a dog IMO.
Winnebago 2101DS TT & 2022 Chevy Silverado 1500 LTZ Z71, WindyNation 300 watt solar-Lossigy 200 AH Lithium battery. Prefer boondocking, USFS, COE, BLM, NPS, TVA, state camps. Bicyclist. 14 yr. Army -11B40 then 11A - (MOS 1542 & 1560) IOBC & IOAC grad

Tvov
Explorer
Explorer
Seems that most 4 bunk bed trailers are 30' and over, but there are some under. These links show a few, along with longer ones:

https://camperreport.com/5-travel-trailers-with-quad-bunkhouse-layouts-for-families/

https://campersmarts.com/camper-bunk-bed-floorplans

theoldwizard1
Explorer
Explorer
You will find more choices if you go with double bunks. Once the kids are in their teens you will need 4 separate beds.

Personal choice, but I don't like outside kitchens because they steal space from the interior.

pianotuna
Nomad II
Nomad II
Yinzer5097,

Welcome to the forums.

The search engine is fairly broken here.

From google Try:

Bunkhouse rv.net
Regards, Don
My ride is a 28 foot Class C, 256 watts solar, 556 amp-hours of Telcom jars, 3000 watt Magnum hybrid inverter, Sola Basic Autoformer, Microair Easy Start.

BB_TX
Nomad
Nomad
Google bunkhouse travel trailer and then go to each manufacturer web site and look at floorplans. Lots of options and variations. Find promising floorplans and then search for availability.

bgum
Explorer
Explorer
Plenty of choices that fit your needs. Just do a search on the internet for bunkhouse.