cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

2019 Wolf Creek 850 Rear Tie down

Bravo_Victor_Ou
Explorer
Explorer
Hey all, we are looking at purchasing a used Wolf Creek 850 and the drivers side rear tie down can be moved slightly if I really pull down on it. Is this something that can be repaired easily? The outer skin is also kinda saggy under the cab over. Should we be very concerned?
Thank you all!
6 REPLIES 6

Bravo_Victor_Ou
Explorer
Explorer
Thank you all for the insight!

joeshmoe
Explorer
Explorer
Another wolf creek anchor point failure. Not the first one. Sounds like delam of the filon under the nose. My advice: unless you know how to fix it or are getting a really, really, really good deal...RUN AWAY!

3 tons wrote:
I can recall a thread (and pics) here a good while back on this very subject, whereby some poor fella hit a bump

That would be anutami here on the forum.
2014 Northwood Wolf Creek 850
2005 Ford F350 SRW SuperCab/LongBed 6.0 Powerstroke
QuickTrick's Towing Tune
Torklift Tie Downs/Fastguns/Upper/Lower Stableloads
Rancho 9000's

Grit_dog
Nomad III
Nomad III
3 tons wrote:
I can recall a thread (and pics) here a good while back on this very subject, whereby some poor fella hit a bump on an unpaved road and the camper went airborne due to weak tie-downsโ€ฆThe plywood wherethe tie-down points attach separated from the camperโ€™s body..Wolf Creek was made aware of this issue, but thatโ€™s about all I know - you might check with them, but I suspect the standard CYA response just may be โ€œdo not over tightenโ€โ€ฆ

In fact, I just googled this (ugg!)

https://www.doityourselfrv.com/family-survived-scary-truck-camper-accident-wolf-creek-850-rolled/

Don't overtighten and rip the mounts out is good advice.
However the old story you posted is 99% irrelevant to the Op's issue. Would be 100% if not for both being Wolf Creek campers, lol...
In the story, it was actually the best possible outcome that the camper mounts DID pull out.
2016 Ram 2500, MotorOps.ca EFIlive tuned, 5โ€ turbo back, 6" lift on 37s
2017 Heartland Torque T29 - Sold.
Couple of Arctic Fox TCs - Sold

3_tons
Explorer
Explorer
I can recall a thread (and pics) here a good while back on this very subject, whereby some poor fella hit a bump on an unpaved road and the camper went airborne due to weak tie-downsโ€ฆThe plywood wherethe tie-down points attach separated from the camperโ€™s body..Wolf Creek was made aware of this issue, but thatโ€™s about all I know - you might check with them, but I suspect the standard CYA response just may be โ€œdo not over tightenโ€โ€ฆ

In fact, I just googled this (ugg!)

https://www.doityourselfrv.com/family-survived-scary-truck-camper-accident-wolf-creek-850-rolled/

joerg68
Nomad II
Nomad II
What do you mean by "saggy"?
Got pictures? (you can use http://photoposting.is-great.net and follow instructions there)
The tiedown should not move. There may be water damage (if wood framed), or it may have been overstressed.
Repairs can be done by a DYIer with a reasonably equipped workshop, a dry place to work on the camper out of the weather, and (usually) a lot of time - more than you anticipate. Ask yourself: Do you want to travel, or are you looking for a project?
Should you be concerned? Probably. Cautious? In any case.
Can someone with more experience look over the camper?
2014 Ford F350 XLT 6.2 SCLB + 2017 Northstar Arrow

Grit_dog
Nomad III
Nomad III
Wow, 2019?
Mount could just be loose. Did you try to tighten it? Is there an actual problem?
Saggy skin under overhang "could" just be a mfg defect, but more likely due to water damage, IMO.
2016 Ram 2500, MotorOps.ca EFIlive tuned, 5โ€ turbo back, 6" lift on 37s
2017 Heartland Torque T29 - Sold.
Couple of Arctic Fox TCs - Sold