cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Best 30 to 50a adaptor?

DinTulsa
Explorer
Explorer
Switched lakes this year and the campground that a lot of friends are staying at this summer is 30a only. I normally try to stay at 50a spots, but there are a few weeks that it’s not possible. I have had an adaptor that I have used over the last 6 years on rare occasion, but it can get warm to the touch at times. Is there an adaptor that can run a WH/15k aC without getting warm to the touch? At one campground I actually set a fan at the pedestal to blow on the adaptor which kept it cool.

Just looking for a high quality 30-50 adaptor.
4 REPLIES 4

DinTulsa
Explorer
Explorer
Thank you!

pianotuna
Nomad II
Nomad II
Make your own dog bone adapter with larger wire. Keep the tines bright.
Regards, Don
My ride is a 28 foot Class C, 256 watts solar, 556 amp-hours of Telcom jars, 3000 watt Magnum hybrid inverter, Sola Basic Autoformer, Microair Easy Start.

BB_TX
Nomad
Nomad
Did it get warm at the 30 amp end or the 50 amp end? Assuming it is a dogbone adapter.

CA_Traveler
Explorer III
Explorer III
Clean the 50A plug lugs, bright shiney clean. Buy a pigtail type adapter, not a hockey puck type. 30A is plenty to run a 15K AC but don't exceed 80%/24A, probably some minor adapter heat. This assumes the pedestal is in good shape which is always questionable for 30A plugs that are often very used and abused.
2009 Holiday Rambler 42' Scepter with ISL 400 Cummins
750 Watts Solar Morningstar MPPT 60 Controller
2014 Grand Cherokee Overland

Bob