cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Boulder Creek RV Resort and Ancient Bristlecone Pine Forest

Baja_Man
Explorer
Explorer
Since Mammoth and Lone Pine are about the same distance to Ancient Bristlecone Pine Forest, we decided on Lone Pine.

Mammoth and Bishop have limited places with full hook ups...they are needed, as our holding tanks are only 30/30/30 and with 4 adults....

I was unable to find any nice full hook up locations closer to Bishop.

Can anyone comment on their experiences at Boulder Creek RV Resort in Lone Pine? I read it is under new ownership as of the past 1-2 years.

According to Google Maps, it appears Ancient Bristlecone Pine Forest is about 1.5 hours from the resort.

Plans are to go on day trips to visit: The Pine Forest, Bishop, Owens River, Manzanar, and maybe Mammoth if time allows.

Any comments on our above proposed locales and home base location?

Thanks!
2023 GMC, 3500HD, Crew Cab, 6.6L Gas/6 Speed Auto, 4X4, Standard Bed; SRW
2011 Outback 250RS - Anniversary Edition
Equal-i-zer 10K
7 REPLIES 7

Acampingwewillg
Explorer II
Explorer II
I forgot about the Fair grounds in Bishop....that seems like it might fit your requirements and there big event ( Mule Days) is coming up this month so it should be easier to get in? Is the June Lake loop too far off your plans....I could have sworn there were a couple full book up parks out that way.

Just another option that has full and partial book ups....McGee Creek RV park....near by Mammoth?
96 Vogue Prima Vista
The Kid's: Humphrie, the Mini Schnauzer and Georgie,wire haired dachshund.
Rainbow Bridge: Laddie,Scoutie,Katie,Cooper,Kodie,Rubie,Maggie, Cassie, Mollie, Elvis, Potter and Rosie Love You! (40+ years in all)

Lwiddis
Explorer
Explorer
Absent rain, snow and ice that 12 miles is easily doable in a 2WD IMO.
Winnebago 2101DS TT & 2022 Chevy Silverado 1500 LTZ Z71, WindyNation 300 watt solar-Lossigy 200 AH Lithium battery. Prefer boondocking, USFS, COE, BLM, NPS, TVA, state camps. Bicyclist. 14 yr. Army -11B40 then 11A - (MOS 1542 & 1560) IOBC & IOAC grad

older_fossil
Explorer
Explorer
Baja Man wrote:

Patriarchs Grove is part of the Ancient Bristlecone Forest. It appears to be an additional 12 miles of dirt road driving to access that section of the forest. My truck is not 4x4 so I may have to pass on that portion of the forest.

That road is usually well graded. I'd ask at the Schulman Vistors Center about current conditions.

Art
Art & Barbara
2016 Tiffin AB 37AP
2011 Jeep Grand Cherokee

Garry_Gayle
Explorer
Explorer
Staying in Bishop would be your best option considering what you plan on seeing, it would definitely cut down on driving mileage. I suggest Highlands RV. I have been to all of them.

Baja_Man
Explorer
Explorer
Thanks for the tip on Esmeralda RV Park. Their website is not very informative so I'll have to give them a call. It saves about 30min driving time (each way).

Patriarchs Grove is part of the Ancient Bristlecone Forest. It appears to be an additional 12 miles of dirt road driving to access that section of the forest. My truck is not 4x4 so I may have to pass on that portion of the forest.
2023 GMC, 3500HD, Crew Cab, 6.6L Gas/6 Speed Auto, 4X4, Standard Bed; SRW
2011 Outback 250RS - Anniversary Edition
Equal-i-zer 10K

older_fossil
Explorer
Explorer
We've stayed at Boulder Creek a few times over the years, but it have been a couple of years since our last stay. We'd consider it just an "OK" park. I don't know what effect new management has been. That is a pretty far drive to visit the bristlecones. I'd recommend driving up to the Patriarchs Grove and that shows as being over 80 miles and 2 hours each way.

Did you try the fairgrounds in Bishop? We have stayed at the Highlands RV Park in Bishop and that is fine.

Art
Art & Barbara
2016 Tiffin AB 37AP
2011 Jeep Grand Cherokee

_1Flyboy
Explorer
Explorer
Thereโ€™s also Esmeralda RV Park in Dyer, NVโ€ฆ. U can do some Googling to find if it suits your needs & distanceโ€ฆ