cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

21 keystone hideout ac won’t turn off

Johnsonty131
Explorer
Explorer
I have the 186bh first trip in it and it won’t turn off. Camper does not have a real thermostat only 2 knobs on the rooftop af. One side is fan low, medium, high and same on other side for AC. Then it has 2 be knob for like how cold we want it. However if I turn it to coldest I can hear compressor turn on and it will literally stay on for hours until I lower the how cold knob. Then it will never turn the compressor on its own…. Is this normal? Seems odd to not have a real thermostat. It only works for furnace and is all manual.
3 REPLIES 3

MitchF150
Explorer III
Explorer III
Yes.
2013 F150 XLT 4x4 SuperCab Max Tow Egoboost 3.73 gears #7700 GVWR #1920 payload. 2019 Rockwood Mini Lite 2511S.

Johnsonty131
Explorer
Explorer
Yep sounds like mine but the fan will NEVER turn off unless I turn the knob to off. Is that normal?

MitchF150
Explorer III
Explorer III
It sounds like my old AC unit I had in my 2003 Prowler. You set the fan speed and that does run all the time. For the temp, if you crank it to the coldest setting, it'll run forever I'd think..

If you get to the temp you want, you should be able to turn the temp knob to a warmer setting and then hear the compressor turn off.. The fan will still run.

Then as the rig warms up again, you should hear the compressor kick on again and start blowing cold air.

My new Rockwood trailer does have a wall mounted thermostat for both the heat and AC. For the AC, it does have the option to turn off the fan when the desired temp is reached. There is no fan/temp knobs on the AC unit on the Rockwood.

Good luck! Mitch
2013 F150 XLT 4x4 SuperCab Max Tow Egoboost 3.73 gears #7700 GVWR #1920 payload. 2019 Rockwood Mini Lite 2511S.