cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Orange Beach, Alabama

Texas_Nomad
Explorer
Explorer
Traveling from Dallas/Ft. Worth to Orange Beach, AL in the next couple of weeks. What would be the best route for a travel trailer and where to stay for 4-5 days once I arrive? Also, any recommended side attractions in the area? This will be my first out-of-state trip with the TT. Thanks
11 REPLIES 11

Doss
Explorer
Explorer
Good to know, I just booked a few nights at Sun Outdoors last night.
2022 Cruiser RV MPG 3400BH
2022 Chevrolet 2500 HD 4x4

Texas_Nomad
Explorer
Explorer
I spent 5 days last week at Sun Outdoors in Orange Beach. Very nice RV park. Quiet except for the one night they shot fireworks over The Wharf. They finished up about 9:30 PM so it didn't interfere with an otherwise quiet stay. I was a bit leery of the Wifi from some reviews I read. However, it was strong enough that I streamed a baseball game one night. Except for the extreme humidity, it was a very enjoyable trip.

Texas_Nomad
Explorer
Explorer
Thanks for the information. I will be taking I-20 to Shreveport, LA. and then I-49 to Baton Rouge on Sunday. I was finally able to get reservations in Orange Beach, AL. I don't like long drives so I plan to stop and overnight near both cities. I'm going to post a new thread and ask for Shreveport and Baton Rouge RV park recommendations. Thanks to everyone for their input.

prichardson
Explorer
Explorer
If you are traveling on a weekend the I20-I49-I10 is a good choice. If a weekday you may want to look at I20-I55-I10 as I10 has a bottleneck east bound at the bridge at Baton Rouoge and traffic can back up there on weekdays.

Texas_Nomad
Explorer
Explorer
Thanks, Bob. My next choice seems to be Luxury RV. I have an email into them asking about availability. Because of the holiday weekend, it will most likely be tomorrow for an answer. I'm also considering Island Retreat and Sun Outdoors. However, both of those got some negative reviews for their WiFi.

bob_shelton
Explorer
Explorer
lurxy rv park is a nice rv park.
Bob & Shirley Shelton

Texas_Nomad
Explorer
Explorer
I just located a Gulf Shores RV Resort that has openings beginning June 20th. I may have to delay my trip if I can't find anything else. With schools recently ending the year, it might be difficult.

Texas_Nomad
Explorer
Explorer
Thanks for the seafood restaurant tip. I checked out Gulf State Park and it's a no go. It's booked solid except for a few single night stays. No RV site is available for 4-5 nights. I may have to find a place to stay inland away from the coast.

dennis1949
Explorer
Explorer
If you can get in The State Park is real nice If not Doc's on Fort Morgan Rd
Dennis Carpenter
Decatur Alabama
2012 GMC 3/4 ton Z71 Diesel
2016 Forest River Blue Ridge. 3045 RL

ae5573t
Explorer
Explorer
I-20 east to I-49 south to I-10 east to the Baldwin Beach Expressway, the exit at Buccees. All these highways in at least fair condition. Sun Outdoor in Orange Beach is pretty nice RV Park. I recommend the Fresh of the Boat restaurant in Orange Beach as well as a visit to the Wharf, very near Sun Outdoor, plus a visit to Johnson Beach in Perdido Key. Don't get sunburned.
2018 Thor Tuscany 42GX
2015 Jeep Wrangler JK Unlimited

bgum
Explorer
Explorer
Luxury rv resort Gulfshores Alabama. Visit Jimmy Buffets sister bar or restaurant you may catch him in town.