cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

2008 Forest River Silverback 5th Wheel

rarin_2go
Explorer
Explorer
I am getting back into camping and travelling and have acquired a 2008 SilverBack. I have a couple of questions that I am hoping you more experienced individuals might have answers for. First, the trailer uses a hydraulic fluid system to put slides in and out. In the event of an emergency and the fluid line would burst while camping is there a manual way to put slides in? Second, a couple of the decals are in bad shape. I found a source for new ones and would like to replace them. What is the easiest was to remove old decals?

I thank you in advance for any help you might provide.

Mike
Mike
1 REPLY 1

C_Schomer
Explorer
Explorer
A friend told me he watched a guy in Yuma use some kind of spray on his decals and it loosened them so they would scrape off easily. That’s all I know about it… Tried doing a search. I had one RV with hydraulics and all I ever had to do was re-tighten a couple of leaky fittings. No other problems. I kind of remember seeing an auxiliary jack handle on the pump in case the motor died but I don’t think that would do you any good if you blew a line and lost the fluid. Hopefully there’s another way to operate the slides if that happens besides sheer manpower. Craig
2012 Dodge 3500 DRW CCLB 4wd, custom hauler bed.
2008 Sunnybrook Titan 30 RKFS Morryde and Disc brakes
WILL ROGERS NEVER MET JOE BIDEN!