Good Sam Club Open Roads Forum: Back on the road again. And Florida Parks reservations
Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in General RVing Issues

Open Roads Forum  >  General RVing Issues

> Back on the road again. And Florida Parks reservations

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
agesilaus

North Florida

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 05/29/22 08:32pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

God willing we are going to be back on the road again after being stuck here since mid November. My wife's father passed on at 95. Then the ahh bad step mother started kicking up trouble about land jointly owned. $600 wasted on a lawyer.Then my F350 burned and the insurance company took months to pay up, then the wife's Toyota was hit by some women who swerved out of her lane and hit it. Parts shortages kept in the shop for 8 weeks!
But now we are go on Tuesday, just a shot shake down to a nearby FS camp, then Eastbank COE followed by Silver Springs SP.
Speaking of FL Parks they have the best parks but a terrible reservation system. I had to lie about my address to register, even tho I used to registered. And even when it works it makes the rec.gov system look good. That's the system they tossed out to bring this abomination in.
Anyway appoints back here then off to TN and the Escapade. Then north to the Upper Peninsula and MN north country, tentatively

Arctic Fox 25Y Travel Trailer
2018 RAM 2500 6.7L 4WD shortbed
Straightline dual cam hitch
400W Solar with Victron controller
Superbumper

afidel

Cleveland

View Profile

Posted: 05/30/22 12:07am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I haven't found the new site particularly difficult to use, booked 2 weeks for Xmas at Henderson Beach, just missed a site at Gamble Rogers beach side, in the 30s it took me to click reserve someone beat me to it.

2019 Dutchman Kodiak 293RLSL
2015 GMC 1500 Sierra 4x4 5.3 3.42 full bed
Equalizer 10k WDH

Cassy0110

New York

View Profile

Posted: 05/30/22 02:36am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Good luck, hope everything goes well

magnusfide

On the Road Again and Again and Again...

View Profile

Posted: 05/30/22 06:10am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

May your travels be free of trouble and enjoyable. Those "bots" that have been mentioned are part of the problem with reservations disappearing. I've noticed that some reservation systems are now using the verification that you are a real person by clicking on photos, etc. I don't mind the extra 2 seconds it takes to do that because it keeps the reservations free of problematic bots.

"The only time you should fear cast iron is if your wife is fixin' to hit you with it."-Kent Rollins
First law of science: don't spit into the wind.

Magnus

Dutch_12078

Winters south, summers north

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 05/30/22 08:59am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Florida actually dumped ReserveAmerica.com, not Recreation.gov. Both were run by Aspira until a few years ago when the .gov site contract went to Booz, Allen, Hamilton. I do prefer ReserveAmerica's reservation system better than Recreation.gov or Florida's.

Dutch
2001 GBM Landau 34' Class A
F53 chassis, Triton V10, TST TPMS
Bigfoot Automatic Leveling System
2011 Toyota RAV4 4WD/Remco pump
ReadyBrute Elite tow bar/Blue Ox baseplate

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 

Open Roads Forum  >  General RVing Issues

> Back on the road again. And Florida Parks reservations
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in General RVing Issues

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2022 CWI, Inc. © 2022 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved.