cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Arm length

nmhuntr
Explorer
Explorer
I am trying to size me an equalizer hitch. I know the weight but now I see there are different length arms that come back to the trailer tongue. How do you know what the length should be?

Thanks
2005 Fleetwood Pioneer ASV 180FK
2018 Ford F-150 3.5 EB 3.55s
4 REPLIES 4

nmhuntr
Explorer
Explorer
Thanks

QCMan
Nomad II
Nomad II
It really does not matter what length the arms are. You will be installing a system that comes with all the parts. Do not try to mix parts from different brands! The instructions will tell you where to mount the trailer tongue parts for the system to work correctly. I would not deviate more than the stated tolerances in the instructions. Engineers have worked out all the details for the systems. Believe them. Again, you are getting a SYSTEM that comes complete. If a company offers systems with different length arms there is probably a reason for that. This is not the place for experiments. Call the company that makes the one you are interested in and tell them about your setup and ask for their suggestion.
2020 Keystone Cougar 22RBS, Ram 1500, two Jacks and plenty of time to roam!
The difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has its limits. A.E.
Good Sam Life Member

nmhuntr
Explorer
Explorer
Sorry
A WDH
I have looked at curt and they have 2 with equal weight capacity but different length arms.
Thanks

bikendan
Explorer
Explorer
nmhuntr wrote:
I am trying to size me an equalizer hitch. I know the weight but now I see there are different length arms that come back to the trailer tongue. How do you know what the length should be?

Thanks

Do you mean a Weight Distribution Hitch or the actual 4 point Equal-i-zer WDH? Equal-i-zer is a specific brand of WDH.
As far as I know, there aren't different lengths but different weight capacities. The bar lengths vary between brands and models.
Dan- Firefighter, Retired:C, Shawn- Musician/Entrepreneur:W, Zoe- Faithful Golden Retriever(RIP:(), 2014 Ford F150 3.5 EcoboostMax Tow pkg, 2016 PrimeTime TracerAIR 255 w/4pt Equalizer and 5 Mtn. bikes and 2 Road bikes