cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

2021 Chevrolet 3500 SRW LTZ Bed Rail Height

schlep1967
Explorer III
Explorer III
I'm looking at one with 20 inch wheels on it. Does anybody have one they can measure the height from ground to the top of the bed rail? I need to make sure my old fifth-wheel will work with it.
2021 Chevy Silverado LTZ 3500 Diesel
2022 Montana Legacy 3931FB
Pull-Rite Super Glide 4500
20 REPLIES 20

Dadoffourgirls
Explorer
Explorer
schlep1967 wrote:
Dadoffourgirls wrote:
My TPMS for the trailer allowed my 2022 3500 LTZ to save me from any damage yesterday. I had a tire start to run hot, and then start losing air. The notification captured my wife's attention (if only I could do that) and was stopped on the side of the road while still 20lbs of air.

If your truck came with the sensors, I encourage you to have them installed.

I got the truck used and there are no sensors with it. It has the capability to use them. Do I get them from GM or can I use an aftermarket sensor?

I would look for someone who is selling them. They are expensive as accessories.
Dad of Four Girls
Wife
Employee of GM, all opinions are my own!
2017 Express Ext 3500 (Code named "BIGGER ED" by daughters)
2011 Jayco Jayflight G2 32BHDS

schlep1967
Explorer III
Explorer III
Dadoffourgirls wrote:
My TPMS for the trailer allowed my 2022 3500 LTZ to save me from any damage yesterday. I had a tire start to run hot, and then start losing air. The notification captured my wife's attention (if only I could do that) and was stopped on the side of the road while still 20lbs of air.

I got the truck used and there are no sensors with it. It has the capability to use them. Do I get them from GM or can I use an aftermarket sensor?

schlep1967 wrote:
Worked well. We had to come home down the east side of the river so we had a few more hills to climb. No problems at all.

We usually go North through Catawissa and Bloomsburg to go East on 80.. Or 61 down to 22/78 East.. either way, having the EB was a pleasure
Me-Her-the kids
2020 Ford F350 SD 6.7
2020 Redwood 3991RD Garnet

Dadoffourgirls
Explorer
Explorer

Dad of Four Girls
Wife
Employee of GM, all opinions are my own!
2017 Express Ext 3500 (Code named "BIGGER ED" by daughters)
2011 Jayco Jayflight G2 32BHDS

schlep1967
Explorer III
Explorer III
Worked well. We had to come home down the east side of the river so we had a few more hills to climb. No problems at all.

schlep1967 wrote:
Final outcome. The hitch came in early on the 8th and I was able to get it set up for use this past weekend. The frame of the fifth-wheel sits 5/8 of an inch higher than it did with the 2008 Dodge. I did raise the pin box up one set of holes thus lowering the trailer height.
We went to Knoeble's Grove this past weekend which is the only campground I have had clearance issues getting into when hooked to the Dodge. No problems getting in or out.

Great news... How did you like the tow wit the new truck?
Me-Her-the kids
2020 Ford F350 SD 6.7

schlep1967
Explorer III
Explorer III
Final outcome. The hitch came in early on the 8th and I was able to get it set up for use this past weekend. The frame of the fifth-wheel sits 5/8 of an inch higher than it did with the 2008 Dodge. I did raise the pin box up one set of holes thus lowering the trailer height.
We went to Knoeble's Grove this past weekend which is the only campground I have had clearance issues getting into when hooked to the Dodge. No problems getting in or out.

schlep1967
Explorer III
Explorer III
Just to let everybody know where this stands.
The Chevy 3500 top of bed rails is about 2 inches higher than my old dodge 2500. I have an Pullrite in the old truck and the fifthwheel hitch plate is 14 inches above the floor of the bed. I had to lower the pinbox to get bed rail clearance over the dodge. The chevy bed is about 1 inch deeper than the Dodge. The new Pullrite for the Chevy's hitch plate is 18 inches above the floor of the bed. I will be able to raise the pinbox back up and still have 6 inches of clearance over the bed rails. And that lowers the nose of the trailer 2.5 inches.
From what I can put together from all of those numbers it looks like the nose of the trailer will go up about 1.5 inches from where it is now. The new hitch should be here on the 13th. Once I get it all hooked and sitting on a level spot I'll know for sure.

Grit_dog
Nomad III
Nomad III
schlep1967 wrote:
ford truck guy wrote:
schlep1967 wrote:
ford truck guy wrote:
schlep1967 wrote:
I'm looking at one with 20 inch wheels on it. Does anybody have one they can measure the height from ground to the top of the bed rail? I need to make sure my old fifth-wheel will work with it.

Find one? I called that local dealer back and they had 1 come in but it was sold before it was unloaded

I found a used 2021 with 7,000 miles on it. And it has all the equipment on it that it should. Unlike the 2022's that come in with several things not available. Paying a couple thousand over the shown new price when you build one online, but that is todays market. A complete truck in hand is better than an incomplete truck you might get in December.

VERY TRUE ! Glad you found 1, Hope it works out for you...

I am also on Blue Oval Forums and there are a few that ordered high trim levels only to get notified that they will be built without certain luxury items they wanted.. They went and found an ordered lot truck with pretty much everything needed, but perhaps a different color....There were/are a lot of dealers that used family members names on retail orders to get a few lot truck in, my dealer included....

My next project will be selling my 2007.5 Dodge diesel with 99,000 miles on it. Everything I'm seeing is telling me it should go for around $28,000.

Depends the condition and whether itโ€™s deleted or not. Out here 100k quad cab 4x diesel Dodge deleted in mint shape is a $35k rig.
If itโ€™s mint, I wouldnโ€™t take less than 30 , even if it still has all the emissions garbage on it.
And more if itโ€™s a G56 truck.
2016 Ram 2500, MotorOps.ca EFIlive tuned, 5โ€ turbo back, 6" lift on 37s
2017 Heartland Torque T29 - Sold.
Couple of Arctic Fox TCs - Sold

Grit_dog
Nomad III
Nomad III
BurbMan wrote:
You KNOW inventory is low when a 6.0L Ford diesel sells in a day.... :):B

Hahahahaha so true!

Grit_dog
Nomad III
Nomad III
ford truck guy wrote:

In the right condition, I'm sure it will... My dealer had a 2005 F350 W/ 6.0 that was traded.. it sold in 1 day...

Lol, proof that there are still plenty of suckers out there! Lol 6.0no sold in a dayโ€ฆand they probably werenโ€™t giving it away!

BurbMan
Explorer II
Explorer II
You KNOW inventory is low when a 6.0L Ford diesel sells in a day.... ๐Ÿ™‚

schlep1967 wrote:
ford truck guy wrote:
schlep1967 wrote:
ford truck guy wrote:
schlep1967 wrote:

Find one? I called that local dealer back and they had 1 come in but it was sold before it was unloaded

I found a used 2021 with 7,000 miles on it. And it has all the equipment on it that it should. Unlike the 2022's that come in with several things not available. Paying a couple thousand over the shown new price when you build one online, but that is todays market. A complete truck in hand is better than an incomplete truck you might get in December.

I am also on Blue Oval Forums and there are a few that ordered high trim levels only to get notified that they will be built without certain luxury items they wanted.. They went and found an ordered lot truck with pretty much everything needed, but perhaps a different color....There were/are a lot of dealers that used family members names on retail orders to get a few lot truck in, my dealer included....

My next project will be selling my 2007.5 Dodge diesel with 99,000 miles on it. Everything I'm seeing is telling me it should go for around $28,000.

In the right condition, I'm sure it will... My dealer had a 2005 F350 W/ 6.0 that was traded.. it sold in 1 day...
Me-Her-the kids
2020 Ford F350 SD 6.7

schlep1967
Explorer III
Explorer III
ford truck guy wrote:
schlep1967 wrote:
ford truck guy wrote:
schlep1967 wrote: