cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Southeast TC Gathering - FALL 2022 ???

GoinThisAway
Explorer
Explorer
Anyone up for a truck camper gathering in the southeast sometime between mid-September and mid-November? I was talking with a campground in middle Tennessee about a gathering in 2020 when circumstances brought an end to those plans. If there's sufficient interest, I'll see what I can do to set something up for this fall. Note that these gatherings simply provide an opportunity for truck campers to get together with other truck campers. No training sessions, demonstrations, or vendors. Usually an icebreaker Friday evening, a group supper Saturday evening, and maybe a breakfast Sunday morning but even none of that is guaranteed 😉 Mostly you're on your own to visit at the campground, explore the area, sample local delicacies, etc.
2008 Dodge 3500 DRW 4x4
2008 Bigfoot 25C10.4
Torklift/Fastguns/Hellwig/StableLoads
19 REPLIES 19

GoinThisAway
Explorer
Explorer
Sorry folks but I've had some family issues arise which have thrown my plans up in the air for a while. I haven't given up hope of setting up a gathering but if I don't get something set soon for this fall I'll refocus on 2024 instead.
2008 Dodge 3500 DRW 4x4
2008 Bigfoot 25C10.4

GoinThisAway
Explorer
Explorer
I meant to acknowledge the folks who'd posted after my JUN 28 post.

billyg - It would be good to see y'all again, Bill & Liz! If you getaway to mid-TN before we do a gathering, drop us a line and we'll meet up.

Highway Runner - Hi Ginger & Kent. We had live music at the three previous gatherings. They were locals who played for tips and sale of their music. So some Bluegrass or other is possible.

bookmaker - Ah, Pigeon Forge in October. I hope the fall colors show up for you but it's been so hot & dry they may be a little lacking this year.

bka0721 - The last time I know you were east of the Mississippi you stirred up a bunch of tornadoes. Guess I should add a storm shelter to the list of amenities needed for the gathering if you come 🙂 It would be worth it though to visit some more.

I'll get back with y'all sometime before the end of the year!
2008 Dodge 3500 DRW 4x4
2008 Bigfoot 25C10.4

bka0721
Explorer
Explorer
Sounds like a great opportunity. I will watch for the future plans.

bryan
08 F550-4X4-CC-6.4L Dsl-206"WB GVWR17,950#
09 Lance 1191
1,560wSolar~10-6vGC2-1,160AmpH~Tri-Star-Two(2)60/MPPT~Xantrex 2000W
300wSolar~2-6vAGM-300AmpH~Tri-Star45/MPPT~Xantrex 1500W
16 BMW R1200GSW Adventure
16 KTM 500 EXC
06 Honda CRF450X
09 Haulmark Trlr

GoinThisAway
Explorer
Explorer
I'm going to put off scheduling a gathering until 2023. I looked around the area I wanted to use but wasn't able to find a CG with a pavilion or clubhouse and suitable availability before getting into the holiday season. So watch for an announcement on a Southeast Truck Camper Gathering in 2023. Meanwhile, there's the D&H RV Truck Camper Rally in NC the first weekend in November. We most likely can't go but y'all can get together there.
2008 Dodge 3500 DRW 4x4
2008 Bigfoot 25C10.4

bookmaker
Explorer
Explorer
We're interested.

However, we already have a family trip to Pidgeon Forge sometime early October.

Dale
Dale & Rose Cavin, Marianna, FL
2004 Dodge Laramie dually , Cummins diesel
2010 Lance 1181
Previous:
2004 Lance 1121 (lost to hurricane Michael 10/10/18)

Highway_Runner
Explorer
Explorer
I think We would like that. Maybe setup some Bluegrass.
Ginger & Kent will likely be there.
2015 Eagle Cap 1165
2016 F-350 Lariat 4x4, 6.2 Boss Dually, 4.30 Axle
Air Lifter 7500 XL w Rancho 9000s & Torklift Stable Loads

billyg
Explorer
Explorer
Hi Liz and I will keep an eye out on this post. We need a getaway! Bill

GoinThisAway
Explorer
Explorer
devildog1971 - Good to hear from you! I look forward to seeing your new rig and pup.

I'm encouraged by the responses here and will go ahead and find us a campground. So stay tuned ...
2008 Dodge 3500 DRW 4x4
2008 Bigfoot 25C10.4

devildog1971
Explorer
Explorer
Terri and I will be there, still have those jack motors and jack for you all
2019 Northern Lite 10-2 EXCDSE Dry Bath 2007 G M C dually crew cab and 2018 Harley Davidson Limited Low

Atchafalaya_man
Explorer
Explorer
Regarding campsite availability, I have been curiously checking COE/State reservations for summer/fall, just on a random basis. Fuel prices seem to have really eased up crowding and there are openings where they are normally booked solid. As said, any park near a big city still appears booked up on weekends.

GoinThisAway
Explorer
Explorer
monkey44 - Wish I was in the Blue Ridge mountains right now! I'd be glad to meet y'all!

Atchafala_man - Hi Doug & Jo Ann! I recall y'all were just one site away from ours at the 2018 event. I pulled the plug on plans for a 2020 gathering before ever putting anything on here. I'm not looking at the Nashville area as commercial campgrounds there are outrageously expensive while Corps and State campgrounds there book up way in advance. I've got somewhere else in mind but don't want to pin it down just yet.

kohldad - This'll be the first one where you and I are both retired too 🙂
2008 Dodge 3500 DRW 4x4
2008 Bigfoot 25C10.4

kohldad
Explorer
Explorer
I'm game. Columbus Day weekend would be my vote which would help those who still work have an extra day and the weather is usually very nice. At least I won't have a 10 hour drive this time regardless of where you hold it.
2015 Ram 3500 4x4 Crew Cab SRW 6.4 Hemi LB 3.73 (12.4 hand calc avg mpg after 92,000 miles with camper)
2004 Lance 815 (prev: 2004 FW 35'; 1994 TT 30'; Tents)

Atchafalaya_man
Explorer
Explorer
Phyllis, searching for the old discussions of that event that got cancelled, I could find nothing because the Forums only allow a search of the last 12 months. Thus, I was unable to find the area of that campground you were considering. Wasn't it somewhere around Nashville?

monkey44
Nomad II
Nomad II
We might ... been awhile, and are planning a trip in the Fall ... not sure where yet. Blue Ridge area probably, we're pretty flexible.
Monkey44
Cape Cod Ma & Central Fla
Chevy 2500HD 4x4 DC-SB
2008 Lance 845
Back-country camping fanatic