Good Sam Club Open Roads Forum: If’s you’re headed North….
Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in RVing in Canada and Alaska

Open Roads Forum  >  RVing in Canada and Alaska  >  Alaska

> If’s you’re headed North….

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 2  
Prev
Trackrig

Spent the summer in Conconuly, Wa, MH now in Vanco

View Profile

Posted: 06/07/22 10:15am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

valhalla360 wrote:

Trackrig wrote:

The last couple of years there have been a lot of commercial solar installs going in both on buildings and out in the bush to save money from running the diesel generators. I'm not a green person by any stretch of the imagination, but yes there is a lot of solar power here and I like to see it because once it's paid for, it's almost free electricity from there on.

I just received my 400W solar kit for my TT. Installation starts next week and two more 6V batteries.

Bill

Solar will work in the summer but the initial implication that you will meet or exceed daily output compared to down south is false.

Who said we would exceed solar collection down south? I just said there is plenty of solar here to make it worthwhile. It's especially worthwhile for the summer tourism industry that does their main business during the summer.

Some one in AZ may get by with 200W, so I put 400W on my RV and will do just fine. Besides, how many people use their RV in the middle of winter well below zero. A few, but not many.

Bil

Permanent installations only work if they are heavily subsidized but that's often true down south...as someone else mentioned, solar needs basically 100% backup from traditional sources and those costs are rarely if ever considered when you hear about solar costs.

Nodwell RN110 out moose hunting. 4-53 Detroit, Clark 5 spd, 40" wide tracks, 10:00x20 tires, 16,000# capacity, 22,000# weight. You know the mud is getting deep when it's coming in the doors.

#1Flyboy

California

View Profile

Posted: 06/07/22 11:04am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Up here in AK now & batteries are full when I get to bed & full when I wake up; lots of free energy up here….

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 2  
Prev

Open Roads Forum  >  RVing in Canada and Alaska  >  Alaska

> If’s you’re headed North….
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in RVing in Canada and Alaska

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2022 CWI, Inc. © 2022 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved.