Good Sam Club Open Roads Forum: Tow Vehicles: Will a 3/4 ton do
Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Tow Vehicles

Open Roads Forum  >  Tow Vehicles

> Will a 3/4 ton do

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Page  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 15  
Prev  |  Next
Grit dog

Black Diamond, WA

View Profile

Posted: 06/15/22 02:20pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

blt2ski wrote:

When I first brought this up 15 some odd yrs ago, folks swore I was wrong. Then a fellow named wadcutter showed, a retired CVEO and told them folks they were wrong. One mod even tried to say RVs were different rules than commercial. He was told any over 10000 has to follow the same laws.
You will not keep yourself out of trouble, Murphy's law, just being under sticker limits.
IMHO, best people know good vs bad habits. There are a multitude rules and laws that will get an unsafe person off the road. ALL of them are moving violations, way the heck worst than being over wieght! Which is a non moving violation.
Oh the stories some of us can tell! Lol

Marty

Oh good lord, I can only imagine.
Heck, I've been on this board for almost 10 years and there are still PLENTY of members who still refuse to or aren't smart enough to understand this.

2016 Ram 2500, MotorOps.ca EFIlive tuned, 5” turbo back, 6" lift on 37s
2017 Heartland Torque T29

Cummins12V98

on the road

View Profile

Posted: 06/15/22 03:26pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I was kicked off a RV Forum because a Mod Smoky Wren did not like me because I would not back down to his the sky was going to fall and I was Satin for exceeding my 14k GVWR but I was at or under both of my SAE axle ratings.

They made up some BS that I was violating the no sales rule when I said to a guy wanting to buy a new truck and RV. I said "I have the rig for you" posted a pic and went on to explain what I had just purchased and why he would like the same rig i had. It was clear I was NOT trying to sell anything and I got a long ban. Then when I was allowed to return another member mentioned wanting to sell something and I said "best not to try to sell anything on here as they may ban you for trying to sell something". Just like that I got a lifetime ban!!!

2015 RAM LongHorn 3500 Dually CrewCab 4X4 CUMMINS/AISIN RearAir 385HP/865TQ 4:10's
37,800# GCVWR "Towing Beast"

"HeavyWeight" B&W RVK3600

2016 MobileSuites 39TKSB3 highly "Elited" In the stable

2007.5 Mobile Suites 36 SB3 29,000# Combined SOLD

Turtle n Peeps

California

View Profile

Posted: 06/15/22 03:54pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Grit dog wrote:

blt2ski wrote:

When I first brought this up 15 some odd yrs ago, folks swore I was wrong. Then a fellow named wadcutter showed, a retired CVEO and told them folks they were wrong. One mod even tried to say RVs were different rules than commercial. He was told any over 10000 has to follow the same laws.
You will not keep yourself out of trouble, Murphy's law, just being under sticker limits.
IMHO, best people know good vs bad habits. There are a multitude rules and laws that will get an unsafe person off the road. ALL of them are moving violations, way the heck worst than being over wieght! Which is a non moving violation.
Oh the stories some of us can tell! Lol

Marty

Oh good lord, I can only imagine.
Heck, I've been on this board for almost 10 years and there are still PLENTY of members who still refuse to or aren't smart enough to understand this.

Grit don't forget about the "insurance will never pay off if you cause a wreck and are overweight" The NTSB will pick up every single can of soup and bottle of beer and weigh it all and give the info to your insurance company and it will go on your permanent record for the rest of your life![emoticon]

~ Too many freaks & not enough circuses ~

"Life is not tried ~ it is merely survived ~ if you're standing
outside the fire"

"The best way to get a bad law repealed is to enforce it strictly."- Abraham Lincoln

Grit dog

Black Diamond, WA

View Profile

Posted: 06/15/22 05:05pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Well I generally pack canned beer, you know, for weight savings to stay under the neutered gvwr of my 3/4ton!

But regardless, 12V, your experience could have been much worse with ole Smokey….
I mean being called Satin, a sheer, comfortable sexy material could be a compliment! (As long as you don’t think he was making a pass at you…lol. 2 dudes shouldn’t talk about satin together. It’s like Man Rule #69, hahaha)
Now had he called you Satan, that would be offensive!!

Cheers!

Cummins12V98

on the road

View Profile

Posted: 06/16/22 06:57am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Grit dog wrote:

Well I generally pack canned beer, you know, for weight savings to stay under the neutered gvwr of my 3/4ton!

But regardless, 12V, your experience could have been much worse with ole Smokey….
I mean being called Satin, a sheer, comfortable sexy material could be a compliment! (As long as you don’t think he was making a pass at you…lol. 2 dudes shouldn’t talk about satin together. It’s like Man Rule #69, hahaha)
Now had he called you Satan, that would be offensive!!

Cheers!

Too funny!!!

To be clear he did not call me either but he left no doubt I was on his SH!T list. Hey I admit I mis spelled "SATAN" but you will have to excuse me as I went to Sedro Woolley my first 5 years of School. Ya know where if ya get D-Vorced yer still related. [emoticon]

Grit dog

Black Diamond, WA

View Profile

Posted: 06/16/22 09:18am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

^ Lol
I know. Was givin you a hard time.
But Sedro Wolley? That place scared me. Went up there to buy a truck topper from a guy.
First time I’ve heard banjos since going to the Ozarks!

spoon059

Just north of D.C.

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 06/17/22 06:36am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Cummins12V98 wrote:

I feel ashamed and will now self impose a quarantine. Oh yea we all know those don't work. [emoticon]

If you promise to wear 2 masks when you post, you don't have to quarantine.

2015 Ram CTD
2015 Jayco 29QBS

Cummins12V98

on the road

View Profile

Posted: 06/17/22 09:02am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

spoon059 wrote:

Cummins12V98 wrote:

I feel ashamed and will now self impose a quarantine. Oh yea we all know those don't work. [emoticon]

If you promise to wear 2 masks when you post, you don't have to quarantine.

Cool, I have plenty of those.

Grit dog

Black Diamond, WA

View Profile

Posted: 06/17/22 10:38am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Turtle n Peeps wrote:

Grit don't forget about the "insurance will never pay off if you cause a wreck and are overweight" The NTSB will pick up every single can of soup and bottle of beer and weigh it all and give the info to your insurance company and it will go on your permanent record for the rest of your life![emoticon]

Turtle, actually I feel we, Team "IDGAF about my door sticker" are making progress in this particular department. The rvnet deputy weight cops have been quite silent (suspiciously, of course...lol) on this matter as of recent.

Baby steps I say, as long as they're forward, is a good thing! [emoticon]

Cummins12V98

on the road

View Profile

Posted: 06/17/22 03:17pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Grit Dog said: "The rvnet deputy weight cops have been quite silent (suspiciously, of course...lol) on this matter as of recent."

I think they all ventured over to be with their own kind hob-knobbing with SmokyWren on irv2.com

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Page  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 15  
Prev  |  Next

Open Roads Forum  >  Tow Vehicles

> Will a 3/4 ton do
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Tow Vehicles

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2022 CWI, Inc. © 2022 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved.