Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Hazard flasher problem

camper_ron
Explorer
Explorer
2004 Newmar Mountain Aire Workhorse Chassis

Hazard flasher problem
At the start of the trip Hazards working by end this is the scenario. Hazard button up (OFF) individual directionals don't work Hazard button down (hazards on) individual directionald work not designed to work that way. Hit the brake pedal flasher lights on the dash steady. Have replaced both flashers. Frustrating, I searched for a possible shorted wire with no luck.

HELP,THANKS
8 REPLIES 8

camper_ron
Explorer
Explorer
After a lot of diagnoses I decided to replace the turn signal switch. It worked, problem solved. This is a lot of work so if your hand dey go for it if not call a professional. Thanks again for all the tips!

enblethen
Nomad
Nomad
Power for turn signal is coming off the four-way flasher circuit.

Bud
USAF Retired
Pace Arrow

2003 Chev Ice Road Tracker

camper_ron
Explorer
Explorer
I still don't understand why my individual blinkers work if I actually push the button down for hazards but do not work when button is up in the position they are supposed to work?

camper_ron
Explorer
Explorer
been told I need to replace the whole turn signal assembly. Now trying to get shroud of steering column not having any luck. Cant get the upper part past the steering column adjustment handle.

enblethen
Nomad
Nomad
I would verify that there is power to the turn signal circuit. Fuse?
With flashers on, the dash indicators will both be on steady. Normal for GM- Workhorse chassis.

Bud
USAF Retired
Pace Arrow

2003 Chev Ice Road Tracker

Ava
Explorer
Explorer
On my older rig, it has Ford signal flasher unit. Before replacing the whole unit, I took it apart and all the little copper contacts inside needed to be cleaned up. After scraping or sanding the contacts, the signals and 4 way flasher worked like new. Just another thought.

dougrainer
Nomad
Nomad
When it was the Chevy P30 chassis, the system went thru the Steering wheel switch assbly. If there was a problem with the switch or where the switch connected at the bottom of the inside steering column, you could get problems like you are having. Doug

Grit_dog
Nomad III
Nomad III
Likely a ground issue somewhere.
Or a short/issue with the 4ways or turn signal switch.
2016 Ram 2500, MotorOps.ca EFIlive tuned, 5โ€ turbo back, 6" lift on 37s
2017 Heartland Torque T29 - Sold.
Couple of Arctic Fox TCs - Sold