cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Hercules Vs Endurance Tires?

jodeb720
Explorer
Explorer
My good friend in CA has decided that it's time to replace his tires.
He's looking at:
Hercules (12 Ply)
Endurance (10 Ply)

Hercules is made by Cooper Tires
Endurance is made by Goodyear

Other than the Hercules has a higher weight rating does anybody have an opinion of either of these?

He's not going with anything made offshore - after my stories of "china bombs" on my 5er -

Thanks in advance!

Josh
8 REPLIES 8

Cummins12V98
Explorer III
Explorer III
jodeb720 wrote:
Thanks guys for the prompt response!

I really appreciate it!

Let us know what he decides and WHY.
2015 RAM LongHorn 3500 Dually CrewCab 4X4 CUMMINS/AISIN RearAir 385HP/865TQ 4:10's
37,800# GCVWR "Towing Beast"

"HeavyWeight" B&W RVK3600

2016 MobileSuites 39TKSB3 highly "Elited" In the stable

2007.5 Mobile Suites 36 SB3 29,000# Combined SOLD

jodeb720
Explorer
Explorer
Thanks guys for the prompt response!

I really appreciate it!

bob213
Explorer
Explorer
agesilaus wrote:
GY is involved in a major recall of motorcoach tires that may have caused 8 deaths.

For a tire that has been out of production for 19 years.. Hardly relevant to anything on the market today.
You can avoid reality, but you cannot avoid the consequences of avoiding reality โ€“ Ayn Rand

Cummins12V98
Explorer III
Explorer III
The GY ENDURANCE line has been on the market for around 5.5 years with ZERO reported non road hazard blowouts.

Not much more needs to be said.
2015 RAM LongHorn 3500 Dually CrewCab 4X4 CUMMINS/AISIN RearAir 385HP/865TQ 4:10's
37,800# GCVWR "Towing Beast"

"HeavyWeight" B&W RVK3600

2016 MobileSuites 39TKSB3 highly "Elited" In the stable

2007.5 Mobile Suites 36 SB3 29,000# Combined SOLD

Thermoguy
Explorer II
Explorer II
Your missing some critical information - trailer info - weight? Does he need a larger load rating?

I have a Hercules tire as my spare... Goodyear on the ground. I went the LT route vs ST, which works within my trailers weights.

The dealer that sold me the Hercules said they run them all the time on construction trailers and people like them. He would have told me the same for Trailer King or any ST tire they had available for me to buy. At the time, I just needed a tire to get me home until I could replace all 4.

time2roll
Explorer II
Explorer II
Ply rating is obsolete. Use the load rating such as D,E,F. Also best to post the exact tire size and type such as P, ST, LT. And verify the max pressure to achieve the max load to compare with the wheel rating for pressure.

Y-Guy
agesilaus wrote:
No opinion, someone did say Cooper is owned by Goodyear.

Correct as per Wikipedia;On February 22, 2021, the American Goodyear Tire and Rubber Company announced that it entered into an agreement to acquire Cooper Tire for approximately $2.8 billion in cash and shares. The transaction was closed in June 2021, and will result in Cooper shareholders owning approximately 16% of the combined company

Two Wire Fox Terriers; Sarge & Sully

2007 Winnebago Sightseer 35J

2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon

agesilaus
Explorer II
Explorer II
No opinion, someone did say Cooper is owned by Goodyear. I have Cooper AT3 on my truck and they have a very good reputation. GY is involved in a major recall of motorcoach tires that may have caused 8 deaths.

A 12 ply tire would be expected to have a higher load rating than a 10 ply.
Arctic Fox 25Y Travel Trailer
2018 RAM 2500 6.7L 4WD shortbed
Straightline dual cam hitch
400W Solar with Victron controller
Superbumper