cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

My Microsoft Mail has suddenly been reformated

mikestock
Explorer
Explorer
I have tried everything I can think of to fix this. The following is a sample of a mail I get:

address>

6890 E. Sunrise Dr. Suite 120-137

Tucson Arizona 85750

United States

You are subscribed to this email as

And I can't figure out what has happened.
I can go the Gmail or AOL mail sites and the messages all look like they should.
When I take a picture of what I see and try to post it in this message it seems to correct itself. I can't seem to post a picture of what I am seeing. ARGGG!!!

HELP!!
17 REPLIES 17

Fisherman
Explorer
Explorer
Finally, someone with the same problem I had when looking at the picture. At least 3/4 of mine came out in what the MOD called HTML. I called my provider and sure enough was a problem were I hadn't updated something at my end. That was done, but now I have to hit the refresh button 2-3 times a day to get any pending incoming emails although the setting is for hourly checks. If I go to Yahoo mail, everything is on time and readable.

mikestock
Explorer
Explorer
It seems to always show up on Groupon, which is not an issue to me at all. It has also shown up on COSTCO, Publix, and a few others. I know to go to AOL or Gmail and read mail if I feel it is important. This is one of those nagging problems that irritate me. I know there's a problem and it's on my end.
Almost forgot: I have a friend in western Tennessee that always seems to send messages that do this. He has one of those designer email names like John@Smith.com.

If this is just happening from one sender, there may be something in the HTML markup you're seeing that is being flagged by Microsoft Outlook as possibly malicious. So it's displaying only a safe text version of the email. Possibly, due to the way something is linked in the email.

As far as I know, there is no settings for 'text only' email display format in the Windows Mail app, as in MS Outlook client which doesn't look like you're using?

Check the same email on the online version of Outlook.com to see if it formats correctly.

Good work Mike!!

Regarding the content, I have seen this before in my Gmail.
For some inexplicable reason the occasional email gets messed up like that and shows the actual coding content rather than the readable message.

I cannot answer why it does this. With me it is very occasional and random.

Do all your emails show up scrambled like that or is it just the one you showed?
2007 GMC 3500 dually ext. cab 4X4 LBZ Dmax/Allison - 2007 Pacific Coachworks Tango 306RLSS
RV Rebuild Website - Site launched Aug 22, 2021 - www.rv-rebuild.com

mikestock
Explorer
Explorer

• I can't believe it actually worked. Thank you. My 80s are difficult and pain management isn't helping my reasoning.
  • mikestock wrote:
    I can get a screen picture but my problem is showing it to you. I can send it by regular email but not post it. I know there's a way. Working on it.

Mike if you use the link that 1492 provided, and time2roll (same info), it brings up a page like this:

Follow the instructions, drag & drop or select file, making sure it is in one of the listed formats.
    It will return this:

Then just copy the whole thing as displayed and paste it here into your post. The image will have been uploaded to this site, and will show in your post.

BTW, I did a screenshot of the above pics. Win 10 Home on my laptop.
    Hold the Windows logo key down, press Shift and S, then release all 3 keys at the same time. This will bring up the screen to copy. Use your mouse, click and hold the mouse button down and drag a box around the area you want to capture. It will show a box in the lower right. Click that, screenshot will open, select Save. Be sure you know where your default Save To directory is.
    2007 GMC 3500 dually ext. cab 4X4 LBZ Dmax/Allison - 2007 Pacific Coachworks Tango 306RLSS
    RV Rebuild Website - Site launched Aug 22, 2021 - www.rv-rebuild.com

mikestock
    Explorer
    Explorer
    I can get a screen picture but my problem is showing it to you. I can send it by regular email but not post it. I know there's a way. Working on it.

joebedford
    Nomad II
    Nomad II
    mikestock wrote:
    It's a LENOVO with Windows 10. I wanted to do a screenshot to post but couldn't figure it out. I need to post exactly what I see but I even copied the post to MS Word and copied it back to the post, but that didn't work. It seemed to attempt to correct the formatting. How would I do a screenshot?
    START shift S at the same time.

mikestock
    Explorer
    Explorer
    I'll have to work on this tomorrow. I am receiving medication for the big "C" which seems to hinder my reasoning ability. It is frustrating.

You cannot place an image directly in a forum thread. You need to upload to an image host of your choice and link to it in your post. Or use this IMGUR.COM based app. Copy the provided link directly into your post.

mikestock
    Explorer
    Explorer
    I got a picture on my desktop but got stuck trying to get it added to a post.

I tried Copy and Paste but got nothing pasted.
    Tried to add it to this post but don't know the URL. It's now just a file on my desktop.

In WIN10:

• "Windows Key + PrtSc" will save a full screen image as a .PNG file to your Pictures folder.

• "Shift + Windows Key + S" will bring up a top capture popup that gives you an option to select an area, open window, or full screen that saves to your Windows clipboard.

You can click on the Snip & Sketch window that should popup on the lower right of the screen to further edit or save your screenshot as an image file.

Alan_Hepburn
    Explorer
    Explorer
    mikestock wrote:
    How would I do a screenshot?

Look on your keyboard for a key that is labelled "PrtSc" - on my Lenovo it's in the top row, toward the right hand side.
    ----------------------------------------------
    Alan & Sandy Hepburn driving a 2007 Fleetwood Bounder 35E on a Workhorse chassis - Proud to be a Blue Star Family!
    Good Sam Member #566004