cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Don't let your guard down, Covid is still out there...

Desert_Captain
Explorer II
Explorer II
We {my bride and I} and our best friends have been very proactive in dealing with the Covid pandemic. We all got our shots and boosters in a timely manner, have by in large self isolated and always wore masks when we did venture out into public. They came for a brief visit to retrieve his Rzr SXS and trailer from our house as I had evacuated it a couple of weeks ago to get it out of the path of the Calf Canyon Fire that threatened their home IN Angel Fire NM.

They arrived on Thursday afternoon and returned home on Saturday morning. They spent Sunday prepping for a planned camping trip with their new Lance TT and left Angel Fire Monday morning for a 4 day trip. By Tuesday Sherry had serious Covid symptoms and three days later Paul had them as well and they both tested positive for Covid 19. They are in their mid 60's and in excellent physical condition.

Our best guess is that Sherry was infected somewhere between our house {in Payson AZ} and Angel Fire as it was 4 days later her symptoms kicked in. They of course notified us immediately and as my bride was going into day 2 of serious headache we tested her and happily it was a solid negative result. My bride is at extremely high risk due a number of health issues so we are and always have been very cautious.

After all of this time dealing with Covid it is easy for folks to become complacent but you do so at potentially great risk. Sherry is recovering nicely but Paul is having a rough go of it. He got the anti Covid pills and an oxygen meter and hopefully will be feeling much better soon. Be careful out there folks...
43 REPLIES 43

dedmiston
Cloud Dancer wrote:
In any of these hobby forums,...there needs to be an element of entertainment,...IMO.

That's why I didn't move it to ATC.

Cloud Dancer wrote:
The problem is that many people enjoy being argumentative.

No we don't!!! :W

I think everyone has said their piece by now. I guess I might as well chime in too.

To the OP: I hope your friend is on the mend by now. And I hope that his family and friends (and you) are all coping with his illness OK. Most of us had it by now and even more of us know someone who had it. Being sick was a whole lot easier than worrying about my sick buddies. But it's part of our lives now.

Peace to you Captain.

2014 RAM 3500 Diesel 4x4 Dually long bed. B&W RVK3600 hitch โ€ข 2015 Crossroads Elevation Homestead Toy Hauler ("The Taj Mahauler") โ€ข <\br >Toys:

• 18 Can Am Maverick x3
  • 05 Yamaha WR450
  • 07 Honda CRF250X
  • 05 Honda CRF230
  • 06 Honda CRF230

Grit_dog
Nomad III
Nomad III
wanderingbob wrote:
Three hundred and thirty million people in the U.S.A. Over one million have died . The way that I look at it , Ya walk into a room with 330 shotguns , only one loaded . You are told to pick up one at random , put it in your mouth and pull the trigger , odds are pretty good that you will survive . The other choice is to take a shot and you will not even have to enter that room !

No, the odds are that you miss your head and hit your leg and it's a .410 with bird shot, not a 12gauge slug! But if you're really old or infirm, it's still gonna hit you in the head, just may not kill ya.
The jab don't keep the gun from being loaded, it lessens the trauma experienced IF you get the loaded one.
However, unless one is letting paranoia destroya for the last 2 years and hasn't functioned in society, in reality, you're grabbing one of those shotguns every few days and testing the theory. Except the proverbial shotgun is actually a BB gun and it may have 3 pumps or may have all 10 pumps when you squeeze the trigger!
2016 Ram 2500, MotorOps.ca EFIlive tuned, 5โ€ turbo back, 6" lift on 37s
2017 Heartland Torque T29 - Sold.
Couple of Arctic Fox TCs - Sold

IAMICHABOD
Explorer II
Explorer II
Desert Captain wrote:
OP here...snip

I posted with the best of intentions and sadly so many felt the need to drag it down

Believe what you will folks through much of what has been posted here is just sad... sigh, but it's OK, Ron White explained it to me.

:S

Now I like Ron White but I think

Bill Engvall

Says it best for all those people.......:R
2006 TIOGA 26Q CHEVY 6.0 WORKHORSE VORTEC
Former El Monte RV Rental
Retired Teamster Local 692
Buying A Rental Class C

IAMICHABOD
Explorer II
Explorer II
ReneeG wrote:
What is ATC?

Around The Campfire

I keep it blocked
2006 TIOGA 26Q CHEVY 6.0 WORKHORSE VORTEC
Former El Monte RV Rental
Retired Teamster Local 692
Buying A Rental Class C

ReneeG
Explorer
Explorer
What is ATC?
2011 Bighorn 3055RL, 2011 F350 DRW 6.7L 4x4 Diesel Lariat and Hensley TrailerSaver BD3, 1992 Jeep ZJ and 1978 Coleman Concord Pop-Up for remote camping
Dave & Renee plus (Champ, Molly, Paris, Missy, and Maggie in spirit), Mica, Mabel, and Melton

ReneeG
Explorer
Explorer
fj12ryder wrote:
Guess those Covid vaccinations and boosters really work. ๐Ÿ™‚

My thoughts too. The shots and ALL the boosters combined were supposed to not prevent COVID, but make it less severe. Sounds like that didn't work for one poor guy here. My sentiments and wish for a full recovery.
2011 Bighorn 3055RL, 2011 F350 DRW 6.7L 4x4 Diesel Lariat and Hensley TrailerSaver BD3, 1992 Jeep ZJ and 1978 Coleman Concord Pop-Up for remote camping
Dave & Renee plus (Champ, Molly, Paris, Missy, and Maggie in spirit), Mica, Mabel, and Melton

PA12DRVR
Explorer
Explorer
My wife, sisters-in-law, brothers-in-law, and mother-in-law all got covid from a single visit to a "bad" location. Ages ranged from 50 + to 90+. All got better. I didn't go to the "infected spot", didn't get it from any of the relatives, but picked it up 7 months later from my boss (who is fully vaccinated and boosted) after his trip to Spain.

I'm neither vaccinated nor boosted and I look fondly back on when I was 60. Had a fever for a day and a cough for two weeks. That's it. Maybe I got lucky, maybe my analysis was accurate (anticipate more issues with vaccine than Covid), whatever.

My view is that folks should take what steps, if any, they feel are appropriate based on their situation, their doctor's input, and their analysis. Someone who gets the disease (whether vaccinated or not) should be the object of good wishes and care, not used as an example one way or the other.
CRL
My RV is a 1946 PA-12
Back in the GWN

wanderingbob
Explorer II
Explorer II
Three hundred and thirty million people in the U.S.A. Over one million have died . The way that I look at it , Ya walk into a room with 330 shotguns , only one loaded . You are told to pick up one at random , put it in your mouth and pull the trigger , odds are pretty good that you will survive . The other choice is to take a shot and you will not even have to enter that room !

Boon_Docker
Explorer II
Explorer II
Cummins12V98 wrote:
Turtle n Peeps wrote:
I thought all postings of this nature were supposed to go in ATC? There is already 2 sticky's there and now we have 3 postings. :R

You could have just passed along without comment ya know!

Like wise !

Mayor30
Explorer
Explorer
I had Covid early on when there weren't enough vaccines around. It wasn't too bad except I felt super tired for weeks afterwards. So I got my shots after having Covid.2 friends I go to breakfast with got their shots and later both contracted Covid and both ended up in the hospital. I believe having the virus gives you better immunity then the shot alone.

Cloud_Dancer
Explorer II
Explorer II
In any of these hobby forums,...there needs to be an element of entertainment,...IMO.
The problem is that many people enjoy being argumentative.
Willie & Betty Sue
Miko & Sparky
2003 41 ft Dutch Star Diesel Pusher/Spartan
Floorplan 4010
Blazer toad & Ranger bassboat

Tyler0215
Explorer
Explorer
Yes Covid is still out there. So is the flu, and common colds, and who knows what other viruses and such to do us harm.
I am vaccinated, so is DW. I prefer not to live my life in a bubble. Do what you must to keep youself healthy, but lets not ever ruin the nations economy again in the false idea that it will keep everyone healthy.
A little common sense would go a long way.

wapiticountry
Explorer
Explorer
Cummins12V98 wrote:
Turtle n Peeps wrote:
I thought all postings of this nature were supposed to go in ATC? There is already 2 sticky's there and now we have 3 postings. :R

You could have just passed along without comment ya know!
likely they just want to protect us from having a discussion. Kind of like some people insist you should wear a face mask or three to protect the general population. I, on the other hand prefer to avoid threads I donโ€™t like or care about and let those that do like them to post away. Very similar as to how I avoid people who are coughing with snot running out of their nose (something I wouldnโ€™t be aware of if they were dutifully wearing a mask). Mask police and forum police are always out there.

fj12ryder
Explorer II
Explorer II
Turtle n Peeps wrote:
I'm not posting about Covid, but ATC doesn't allow any opinions that conflict with the accepted beliefs. No dissension allowed. This is not an attack on the Moderator of that forum, just a statement.
Howard and Peggy

"Don't Panic"