Good Sam Club Open Roads Forum: You tube Fulltimers getting squeezed
Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in General RVing Issues

Open Roads Forum  >  General RVing Issues

> You tube Fulltimers getting squeezed

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 3  
Prev  |  Next
NamMedevac 70

Reno

View Profile

Posted: 06/16/22 11:16pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Easy come easy go. Goodbye deadheads

PButler96

Midwest

View Profile

Posted: 06/17/22 03:39am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Grit dog wrote:

bikendan wrote:

Whoever made this statement, in the article, "Camper vans, which range in cost from $100,000 to $200,000 before customization, have the best gas mileage, getting between 20 and 30 miles per gallon", is so off base.

More succintly, Whoever is reading stuff from these off the wall, little "news" sites has too much time on their hands....

Just shows the gullible nature and lack of intelligence out there.

ROFLMAO, I fell for it and clicked the link. Before I could finish the article I gravitated to a few more interesting articles on the sidebar.

"Need to Find a Bathroom in New York City? Try TikTok."
"Saudi Arabia Announces New Crackdown on Rainbows."

And the best..........................

"Celebrity Divorce Lawyer tells what she does on Sunday's."

bucky

Raleigh metro

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 06/17/22 03:46am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Most of the YouTuber's are so boring that they could put the sleep aid industry out of business.
I will watch some of the technical and auto/RV repair channels if the content applies to me. Also a few of the RV travel channels, Keep Your Daydream and Changing Lanes. They both do a great job of showing what destinations we are interested in are like.

2005 Cummins 3500 2WD LB quad cab dually pulling a 2014 Blue Ridge 3025RL

JIMNLIN

Oklahoma

View Profile

Posted: 06/17/22 05:56am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Even before you tube we had same type articles in rv type magazines. IMO after reading a couple of those type articles it was boring.

Back in the '90s I looked forward to my next Trailer Life magazine that was loaded with interesting tech articles. Times changed and the mag dropped tech articles in favor of destination/camping with the dogs or kids or what to pack in the rv for the trip. I dropped the mag years ago.

Some folks aren't retired yet and have to work to make it. Others like myself BTDT and 80 and too old to work....so I you tube instead of the boob tube when not taking care of my home and 40 acres..

Rv you tubers.....boring stuff.

"good judgment comes from experience, and a lot of that comes from bad judgment" ............ Will Rogers

'03 2500 QC Dodge/Cummins HO 3.73 6 speed manual Jacobs Westach
'97 Park Avanue 28' 5er 11200 two slides

valhalla360

No paticular place.

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 06/17/22 06:36am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Grit dog wrote:

“Squeezed?” LOL
Is there actually sympathy for those who aren’t really working for a living and think it’s a career being on perpetual vacation living as 21st century hippies, suckering a few bucks out of people who spend hours watching someone live in a van and go mountain biking and stuff?

This isn’t sad, it’s poetic justice. I’d like to do nothing but travel around and go camping 24/7 but I have a job which provides money for me and my family, responsibly.

Personally I think it’s hilarious

They always say, find a job you love...

Actually putting out a good quality video every week is a lot of work.

The ones that do well have quality equipment and put a lot of time into research, editing and promotion. Even then it's a tough business akin to making it in TV/Movies.

The ones who think they can use their cellphone camera and spend half an hour to put out a video, wash out pretty quick as you need many thousands of clicks before you make anything on youtube.

I don't feel bad for them but certainly not vindictive over it.

Tammy & Mike
Ford F250 V10
2021 Gray Wolf
Gemini Catamaran 34'
Full Time spliting time between boat and RV

Grit dog

Black Diamond, WA

View Profile

Posted: 06/17/22 03:57pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

valhalla360 wrote:

Vindictive? Where'd you come up with that? LOL

I agree, find a job you love....
But if you don't love being poor, find a new job!

2016 Ram 2500, MotorOps.ca EFIlive tuned, 5” turbo back, 6" lift on 37s
2017 Heartland Torque T29

LouLawrence

Traveling the US!

View Profile

Posted: 06/17/22 04:57pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

The definition of "a job" has changed over the years. Think back to your growing up years and how many of you wanted to be in the IT industry or the more than a 1000 new positions that have been created by some amazing thinkers. You may not see the roving You Tube RVers as anything more than slackers but it's a job (with real high dollar rewards to some) that takes lots of planning, lots of work and lots of time.....You know, the definition of a job. For the self employed, that also means a lot of cash outlay up front in hopes of a reasonable reward at the end. Whether that's someone opening a new restaurant or trolling the internet for viewers, it's pretty much all the same.

propchef

NORCAL

View Profile

Posted: 06/18/22 07:42am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

valhalla360 wrote:

Actually putting out a good quality video every week is a lot of work.

The ones that do well have quality equipment and put a lot of time into research, editing and promotion. Even then it's a tough business akin to making it in TV/Movies.

The ones who think they can use their cellphone camera and spend half an hour to put out a video, wash out pretty quick as you need many thousands of clicks before you make anything on youtube.

^^^^this

The good YouTubers are following a teaching format, which if done correctly isn't easy. Then you MUST commit to a regular release of interesting content to build viewers, the lifeblood of any channel.

After moving my classes to an online format, I have nothing but the utmost respect for those who can create and sustain content to a point where they actually make money, NOT an easy task.

Think its easy? Open a channel, buy the equipment, learn to use video and sound editing software, learn to use YouTube Enterprise, learn marketing, court sponsors, learn to compete against your competition.

Its 100% a legitimate job.

Seattle Steve

Tucson

View Profile

Posted: 06/18/22 09:54am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

propchef wrote:

The good YouTubers are following a teaching format, which if done correctly isn't easy. Then you MUST commit to a regular release of interesting content to build viewers, the lifeblood of any channel.

After moving my classes to an online format, I have nothing but the utmost respect for those who can create and sustain content to a point where they actually make money, NOT an easy task.

Think its easy? Open a channel, buy the equipment, learn to use video and sound editing software, learn to use YouTube Enterprise, learn marketing, court sponsors, learn to compete against your competition.

Its 100% a legitimate job.

While I don't disagree with you that it is a lot of work, and perhaps a 100% legitimate job, I have also learned that over the last two years most channels are 90% legitimate garbage, and often presenting incorrect information. I have followed many channels, but it's just not worth going through the garbage to get to something good. It's probably been a year since I regularly watched a channel, and it's down now to maybe watching one video a month and usually quitting it a minute or two in.

It might be true that success always means hard work, but it is also true that hard work does not always mean success. Too many people trying to have a youtube channel that just don't have what it takes. As I said, it's to the point where it's just not worth weeding through the bad to try to find the good.

Grit dog

Black Diamond, WA

View Profile

Posted: 06/18/22 10:30am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Ok, so you all convinced me that it’s a real job! (Lol, not really, but for the sake of argument, we’ll go with it….)
Replace the word “Youtubers” with any host of or most or almost ALL “industries” are feeling the effects of the enormous mess created by some and felt by all in the wake of the events of the last couple years.

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 3  
Prev  |  Next

Open Roads Forum  >  General RVing Issues

> You tube Fulltimers getting squeezed
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in General RVing Issues

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2022 CWI, Inc. © 2022 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved.