cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

New couch ideas ???

ilvtravln
Explorer II
Explorer II
Looking for approx. 70 inch fabric couch or couch/sleeper combo, has to fit thru 24 1/2 inch door opening, any ideas where to find one? Thanks
Art
14 REPLIES 14

BarneyS
Explorer III
Explorer III
We puarchased our leather recliner couch from Costco and a great recliner chair from Bradd and Hall located in Elkhart, IN. Neither one is the cheap quality stuff you get from many other outlets but high quality, comfortable, long lasting, good looking furniture.:)
Barney
2004 Sunnybrook Titan 30FKS TT
Hensley "Arrow" 1400# hitch (Sold)
Not towing now.
Former tow vehicles were 2016 Ram 2500 CTD, 2002 Ford F250, 7.3 PSD, 1997 Ram 2500 5.9 gas engine

spoon059
Explorer II
Explorer II
Wife bought one from Walmart (online and delivered, none the less!) that worked out great. We removed our U-shaped dinette and awful couch, I built new benches, bought a small circular table and installed a wider couch that fit our whole family (and was long enough for me to nap on!!!).

Doesn't have to be "RV" furniture, in fact its probably cheaper and better quality if you don't!
2015 Ram CTD
2015 Jayco 29QBS

C_Schomer
Explorer
Explorer
This is a full sized high-quality sofa, 7 1/2 feet long, and both ends recline. Itโ€™s far from typical RV stuff and itโ€™s a wall hugger. The three sections bolt onto rails so itโ€™s easy to take apart and get through an RV door. Craig
2012 Dodge 3500 DRW CCLB 4wd, custom hauler bed.
2008 Sunnybrook Titan 30 RKFS Morryde and Disc brakes
WILL ROGERS NEVER MET JOE BIDEN!

vidotchis
Explorer
Explorer
I bought a Recliner couch and is by far the absolute best thing I have EVER bought from this page. Not only were they half the price as all sale prices I found during my search for the perfect chair. I had a living room...no tools required, easy as anything you've ever done in your life. Sleek and beautiful Will complement many decors. Massage is awesome. I'd highly recommend this product. I'm also 5'7" and I fit just fine. Absolutely beautiful

goducks10
Explorer
Explorer
ilvtravln wrote:
C Schomer wrote:
Our local American furniture warehouse had five sofa models that came apart so they could be moved into RVs and we found some thing thatโ€™s perfect for usโ€ฆ Great padding, more than long enough to sleep on and both ends recline. More and more furniture stores are carrying RV suitable furniture. Craig

Did not know regular furniture stores have some RV furniture. Thanks

Furniture is furniture. RV furniture is usually cheap stuff thats only intended to be used a short time per year. Back in the day Cedar Creek used to put Lazyboy recliners in their 5th wheels. The same stuff you can buy at any Lazyboy store.
Most RV furniture is off brand stuff made for RV manufacturers in certain styles. Not stuff you'd really want in your home if you're looking for long term comfort and wear and tear.
We've purchased several recliners and a theater seat sofa from local home furnishing stores. It's nothing more than finding the right size for your RV. Just take a tape measure with you and go shopping.
FWIW the last recliners we bought they came in with the backs off and both the back and bottom were shrink wrapped together. The sales guy said thats how most all recliners are shipped because it saves space.

ilvtravln
Explorer II
Explorer II
C Schomer wrote:
Our local American furniture warehouse had five sofa models that came apart so they could be moved into RVs and we found some thing thatโ€™s perfect for usโ€ฆ Great padding, more than long enough to sleep on and both ends recline. More and more furniture stores are carrying RV suitable furniture. Craig

Did not know regular furniture stores have some RV furniture. Thanks
Art

yellow_dog
Explorer
Explorer
We purchased recliners at Costco. They were small enough to fit in place of the couch and the backs also come off.

C_Schomer
Explorer
Explorer
2012 Dodge 3500 DRW CCLB 4wd, custom hauler bed.
2008 Sunnybrook Titan 30 RKFS Morryde and Disc brakes
WILL ROGERS NEVER MET JOE BIDEN!

ilvtravln
Explorer II
Explorer II
valhalla360 wrote:
Are you purposely wanting a sleeper sofa? We've done with dual recliners the last few times and just bought off facebook market place or craigslist.

There's no need for RV specific models.

Take the back (and anything else you can easily remove out), stand it on end and play tetris getting them in and out.

Would like recliners however everything we have found is slightly too deep. Bummer because width and height work out perfectly.
Art

valhalla360
Nomad
Nomad
Are you purposely wanting a sleeper sofa? We've done with dual recliners the last few times and just bought off facebook market place or craigslist.

There's no need for RV specific models.

Take the back (and anything else you can easily remove out), stand it on end and play tetris getting them in and out.
Tammy & Mike
Ford F250 V10
2021 Gray Wolf
Gemini Catamaran 34'
Full Time spliting time between boat and RV

ilvtravln
Explorer II
Explorer II
ACZL wrote:
Don't the backs of them come off? The ones on our home recliners and couch (non sleeper) did anyways.

That's what I will be looking for, but I need to find out where.
Art

ACZL
Explorer
Explorer
Don't the backs of them come off? The ones on our home recliners and couch (non sleeper) did anyways.
2017 F350 DRW XLT, CC, 4x4, 6.7
2018 Big Country 3560 SS
"The best part of RVing and Snowmobiling is spending time with family and friends"
"Catin' in the Winter"

bucky
Explorer II
Explorer II
RecPro
Puma 30RKSS

Milt
Explorer
Explorer
look online for rv surplus business.
I'm sure there are some in CAL.
We bought one years ago in Elkhart,IN
It was made to be disassembled to get through door.
Milt