cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Ice Maker Quit

Kountryguy
Explorer
Explorer
I have a Dometic RM1350 refrigerator and the ice maker stopped making cubes. The freezer temp is 0 degrees. Any ideas on how to troubleshoot it?
11 REPLIES 11

Ranger_Smith
Explorer
Explorer
Icemakers
Where we are now

Amateur Radio Operator WW1SS . . . Flex 6500 PGXL and TGXL
Steve and Joy
2014 Itasca Suncruiser 38Q . . . 2016 Lincoln MKX
The Doodles, Abbie & Abel
Baby and Kissie the Chihuahuas and Lucy the Biewere Yorkie

Kountryguy
Explorer
Explorer
The ones I am seeing on Amazon are from $222 to $400.

Ranger_Smith
Explorer
Explorer
I believe it was on Amazon or Appliance Parts Direct. They went up in price and are now 45.00 to 65.00 on Amazon
Where we are now

Steve and Joy

Kountryguy
Explorer
Explorer
Ranger Smith, where did you get a replacement ice maker for $30?

Explorer II
Explorer II
Does if make any sound at all? Clicks, sound of a small motor running, water flowing?
2011 Ford F-150 EcoBoost SuperCab Max Tow, 2084# Payload, 11,300# Tow,
Timbrens
2013 KZ Durango 2857

Kountryguy
Explorer
Explorer
I just completed a total defrost. Will see if that helps. There is no water showing in the rear or bottom of the fridge. Thanks for all the suggestions. I will let you know how I make out.

Explorer II
Explorer II
Manual below. Start at page 41
It could as simple as a clogged valve strainer.

RB1350 Manual
2011 Ford F-150 EcoBoost SuperCab Max Tow, 2084# Payload, 11,300# Tow,
Timbrens
2013 KZ Durango 2857

Pangaea_Ron
Explorer
Explorer
I also do what Hoefler does.

I have also poured warm water into the ice tray when cubes seem to be trapped and cannot be moved.
2008 Itasca SunCruiser 35L
2014 Honda AWD CR-V EX-L

eHoefler
Explorer II
Explorer II
First thing I would do, is shut it down and let the refrigerator warm up to room temperature over night. Then turn it back on and see what happens. Mine freezes up from time to time. I leave mine on 24/7, when you don't go in it for a long time, it will get cold soaked, freezing the feed line.
2021 Ram Limited, 3500, Crew Cab, 1075FTPD of Torque!, Max Tow, Long bed, 4 x 4, Dually,
2006 40' Landmark Mt. Rushmore

wa8yxm
Explorer III
Explorer III
Ok I will describe how the thing works starting with when the cubes hit 25 Degrees
A thermostat closes and starts the motor running. and a heater heating.
As the fingers hit the ice cubes the motor stalls.. (I am assuming cresent shaped cubes, there is another type) once the surface of the ice melts the motor agains continus running pushing the ice out of the tray and eventually scraper fingers scrape it off the pushers and it falls into the tray.
Meanwhile as the wheels turn a switch sends power to the solenoid allowing water to flow.

possible issues.
Most common: Ice in the water line.. water can not get past it
Split water hose (Solenoid to ice tray) Water all over outside compartment

After that it gets hard to fix as parts are needed.. You can check for power to the solenoid during cycling by hooking a volt meter or 120 volt test lamp to the leads and force cycling the unit.. You should hear the CLICK when the solenoid engages as well. You can check by disconnecting the solenoid to ice tray line and hooking a short tube on as a temporary and see if water flows during the cycle. If it does the unit is iced or the delivery tube split. If the tube is split water will be seen in the outside compartment where it should not be.

Turns out replacing the line is not as hard as it looks You just need to tilt the Fridge into the RV (Disconnect gas line first)

Finally: How I fixed mine.
Pulled it out and got a counter top ice maker.
Home was where I park it. but alas the.
2005 Damon Intruder 377 Alas declared a total loss
after a semi "nicked" it. Still have the radios
Kenwood TS-2000, ICOM ID-5100, ID-51A+2, ID-880 REF030C most times

Ranger_Smith
Explorer
Explorer
Just take it out and purchase a new one at Amazon. Last one I replaced was around $30. I don't think the unit is worth troubleshooting.
Where we are now

Steve and Joy