Did you mean: 

Ford 460 engine accessory V belts

MrWizard
Multi V 6 rib drive belts
There are two
The outer belt drives the Alternator and air pump

The inner belt drives the power steering and the A/C compressor,

The outer belt continental 4060505, was easy to find and a perfect

The inner belt was much harder as all the so called matching replacements were too long, after 3 trips too parts stores and several phone calls, the local Napa store found a belt listing in his book with correct lenght specs,but mot in stock at my store, went 8 miles to the next Napa store to pick it up
Napa pt# 060594, a perfect fit replacement for the inner belt
Little more than an hour to install the new belts (i had assistance) but spent several hours tracking down the inner belt,
That is how i spent Wednesday
Not a fun day, not the worst day, but certainly tedious and frustrating ,
These events began Tuesday evening with the discovery ofno output from alternator,
Reason was no Alternator belt it was gone
I can explain it to you.
But I Can Not understand it for you !

Connected using T-Mobile Home internet and Visible Phone service
1997 F53 Bounder 36s
7 REPLIES 7

RLS7201
Explorer
Explorer
MrWizard wrote:
Yep, Great engine, just hard to find that particular belt, i guess Ford did not use it with any other engine & chassis configuration,

Well yes, Ford did use that belt configuration on 460 F350s. The radiator hoses only Fit F53s.

Richard
95 Bounder 32H F53 460
2013 CRV Toad
2 Segways in Toad
First brake job
1941 Hudson

MrWizard
Yep, Great engine, just hard to find that particular belt, i guess Ford did not use it with any other engine & chassis configuration,
I can explain it to you.

1997 F53 Bounder 36s

RLS7201
Explorer
Explorer
One of the great things about the old 460 is that we don't need the alternator belt to get down the road. Both belts wrap around the water pump. My alternator belt failed one morning and I made it to my destination by running the generator to keep the house battery up. Found a parts house and made the repair that evening.

Richard
95 Bounder 32H F53 460
2013 CRV Toad
2 Segways in Toad
First brake job
1941 Hudson

MrWizard
Carrying spares is a good idea, i have a load of fuses, bulbs, wiring, rv water pump, hose, fuel line, battery cable terminals , etc..
For me, my mind set is that having the tools & knowledge is more important than carrying all the possible break down replacement parts
I can explain it to you.

1997 F53 Bounder 36s

JRscooby
Explorer II
Explorer II
time2roll wrote:
Belts last far longer today. The replacements will probably out live most of us.

This is true, but the habit of packing a spare dies hard. Normally I put the take-off in the sleeve new came in. This will get me home, and give me part number.

time2roll
Explorer II
Explorer II
Belts last far longer today. The replacements will probably out live most of us.

JRscooby
Explorer II
Explorer II
Are you planning to keep the vehicle? Might be a good idea to track down replacements now, carry with. If you have belts you are unlikely to have trouble, but if you don't you could be setting for days.