Good Sam Club Open Roads Forum: Fuel savings at Pilot/Flying J
Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Good Sam Club

Open Roads Forum  >  Good Sam Club

> Fuel savings at Pilot/Flying J

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Krisj3

View Profile

Posted: 06/16/22 12:56pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Can I still save at Pilot/Flying J if I don't have my physical Good Sam card?

Can I just enter the number at the pump? Can I pay inside and give the cashier my Good Sam number?

Or must I have the physical card?

thank you

jetboater454

Camping or home

View Profile

Posted: 06/17/22 06:00am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

They have their own RV fuel discount card. You can sign up for it online because very few have the cards in stock.

2011 Toyota Tundra DC Long Bed
2001 Harley Dyna Lowrider

Itakethe5th2011

Moreno Valley, Ca

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 06/17/22 09:52am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

If you want to save money stay away from Pilot/Flying J, and the other large truck stops. Thier prices are 30 to 50 cents a gallon hiher than the station across the street or next off ramp. I use Gasbuddy to fine better prices along my route. Then Goggle map to see how hard or easy to get to the pump.

rr2254545

Central Minnesota

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 06/17/22 11:21am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Itakethe5th2011 wrote:

If you want to save money stay away from Pilot/Flying J, and the other large truck stops. Thier prices are 30 to 50 cents a gallon hiher than the station across the street or next off ramp. I use Gasbuddy to fine better prices along my route. Then Goggle map to see how hard or easy to get to the pump.

I disagree, but I avoided the crazy prices in California and filled up in Oregon passed through California and filled up again In Reno Nevada
I use them all the time and have not noticed the difference in price

2012 Winnebago Journey 36M Cummins 360
2014 Jeep Cherokee
429 Campgrounds,95K miles driven in our Winnebago motor homes and 2124 nights camping since we retired in July 2009, 40 National Parks

Trackrig

Spent the summer in Conconuly, Wa, MH now in Vanco

View Profile

Posted: 06/17/22 12:17pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I only fill up at a truck stop if I'm pulling in there to sleep. I can always find fuel cheaper by at least $.20 a gallon elsewhere. And yes I drive a 40' DP and a pull a toad. I figure that in the last four years that I got new free steering wheels by not using truck stops.

Bill

Nodwell RN110 out moose hunting. 4-53 Detroit, Clark 5 spd, 40" wide tracks, 10:00x20 tires, 16,000# capacity, 22,000# weight. You know the mud is getting deep when it's coming in the doors.

delwhjr

TX

View Profile

Posted: 06/17/22 12:54pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

rr2254545 wrote:

Itakethe5th2011 wrote:

I disagree, but I avoided the crazy prices in California and filled up in Oregon passed through California and filled up again In Reno Nevada
I use them all the time and have not noticed the difference in price

X2
Have never had that much of a price difference in any that I have used. With the % discount on their card, it is usually cheaper.

2022 Rockwood 2109S
2006 Durango HEMI

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 

Open Roads Forum  >  Good Sam Club

> Fuel savings at Pilot/Flying J
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Good Sam Club

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2022 CWI, Inc. © 2022 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved.