cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Magical Campgrounds found With A TC

covered_wagon
Explorer
Explorer
I think many of us have found places with the more versatile TC that are beautiful, even magical places to camp.

Do most of you limit telling only a few friends? I think many places should be left unexposed by leaving it off the net and left for discovery and surprise by those willing to venture off the usual beaten path.

Any thoughts?
16 REPLIES 16

covered_wagon
Explorer
Explorer
JoeChiOhki wrote:
Grit dog wrote:
covered wagon wrote:

Do most of you limit telling only a few friends? I think many places should be left unexposed by leaving it off the net and left for discovery and surprise by those willing to venture off the usual beaten path.

Any thoughts?

Just now getting the concept of a secret fishin hole?

None of them are really able to be truly kept secret, a Bluetooth GPS tracking tag surreptitiously applied to a friends vehicle that has a "secret locale" is all you need to figure out where they went after the fact 😛 (I'm being facetious here and I do not actually endorse doing this)

Yeah right! I'll know who did it too!

Grit_dog
Nomad III
Nomad III
JoeChiOhki wrote:

None of them are really able to be truly kept secret, a Bluetooth GPS tracking tag surreptitiously applied to a friends vehicle that has a "secret locale" is all you need to figure out where they went after the fact 😛 (I'm being facetious here and I do not actually endorse doing this)

Wink wink, lol!
2016 Ram 2500, MotorOps.ca EFIlive tuned, 5” turbo back, 6" lift on 37s
2017 Heartland Torque T29 - Sold.
Couple of Arctic Fox TCs - Sold

JoeChiOhki
Explorer II
Explorer II
Grit dog wrote:
covered wagon wrote:

Any thoughts?

My Blog - The Journey of the Redneck Express

CB

Channel 17

Redneck Express

'1992 Dodge W-250 "Dually" Power Wagon - Club Cab Long Bed 4x4 V8 5.9L gashog w/4.10 Geared axles
'1974 KIT Kamper 1106 - 11' Slide-in
'2006 Heartland BigHorn 3400RL

Grit_dog
Nomad III
Nomad III
covered wagon wrote:

Any thoughts?

3_tons
Explorer
Explorer
As with party affiliation, nowadays I tend to keep this kinda information close to my vest - lol 🙂

3 tons

Bedlam
These feelings are not just about camping. Fishing, hunting, mushroom picking also are close kept secrets...

Host Mammoth 11.5 on Ram 5500 HD

greenno
Explorer
Explorer
I have difinetly found a few places off the beaten path but I don't offer the location up in general conversations.
Now if some friends ask me about a spot sure I'll give up what I know but I don't go out of my way to inform others.
Back in the early 80's a buddy and I went down to the south pacific to find surf.
We found numerous places and got them before the "Surf camps" became popular or commonplace.
Same thing back then if someone specifically asked me about an area that they were going to I would share what I knew if they were serious otherwise we stayed pretty titelipped about anything.
We put in the effort let someone else do the same.

covered_wagon
Explorer
Explorer
JimK-NY wrote:
Years ago I traveled throughout the American Southwest. There were absolutely countless places of peace and beauty and isolation. Even the National Parks could be visited without overwhelming crowds. Those days have changed. There are almost no secret great camping places, almost no places of peace without crowds and ATVs.

Those days are gone, forever. If you think you have found some hidden oases, good luck. A few years from now you are likely to need a reservation or to win a lottery to visit those places.

I still find Quiet places, hardly anyone around although often scary to go hiking especially when alone with signs of wildlife everywhere.

Your right though, I remember those times that for me were in the late 60's and early 70's. It was a great time for discovery in those days.

JimK-NY
Explorer II
Explorer II
Years ago I traveled throughout the American Southwest. There were absolutely countless places of peace and beauty and isolation. Even the National Parks could be visited without overwhelming crowds. Those days have changed. There are almost no secret great camping places, almost no places of peace without crowds and ATVs.

Those days are gone, forever. If you think you have found some hidden oases, good luck. A few years from now you are likely to need a reservation or to win a lottery to visit those places.

covered_wagon
Explorer
Explorer
I have places that I don't try to advertise. I enjoy them a lot and others will too if they are more of a surprise, more than what is expected.JMHO. One of them is well known by the locals of a small town but, when you go to search it on the net it's unheard of. I like that.

notsobigjoe
Nomad III
Nomad III
jimh406 wrote:
All secrets have already been posted. I think for the most part, it’s a secret to you, but you probably aren’t the first person to be there.

That being said, I don’t post everywhere I camp.

Does parking at Mom and Dads count as a gem? I think it does and I rarely post it... :B

jimh406
Explorer III
Explorer III
All secrets have already been posted. I think for the most part, it’s a secret to you, but you probably aren’t the first person to be there.

That being said, I don’t post everywhere I camp.

'10 Ford F-450, 6.4, 4.30, 4x4, 14,500 GVWR, '06 Host Rainer 950 DS, Torklift Talon tiedowns, Glow Steps, and Fastguns. Bilstein 4600s, Firestone Bags, Toyo M655 Gs, Curt front hitch, Energy Suspension bump stops.

NRA Life Member, CCA Life Member

Grit_dog
Nomad III
Nomad III
covered wagon wrote:
I think many of us have found places with the more versatile TC that are beautiful, even magical places to camp.

Any thoughts?

This is a question?
We’re you that kid that told everyone everything?
Another entertaining thread ensuing here…

Lwiddis
Explorer
Explorer
Pretty places, Eagle. Since you got your TC and trailer there, they should! I would and do!
Winnebago 2101DS TT & 2022 Chevy Silverado 1500 LTZ Z71, WindyNation 300 watt solar-Lossigy 200 AH Lithium battery. Prefer boondocking, USFS, COE, BLM, NPS, TVA, state camps. Bicyclist. 14 yr. Army -11B40 then 11A - (MOS 1542 & 1560) IOBC & IOAC grad