Good Sam Club Open Roads Forum: Magical Campgrounds found With A TC
Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Truck Campers

Open Roads Forum  >  Truck Campers

> Magical Campgrounds found With A TC

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 2  
Prev
greenno

Clairemont Cal.

View Profile

Posted: 06/19/22 12:57am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I have difinetly found a few places off the beaten path but I don't offer the location up in general conversations.
Now if some friends ask me about a spot sure I'll give up what I know but I don't go out of my way to inform others.
Back in the early 80's a buddy and I went down to the south pacific to find surf.
We found numerous places and got them before the "Surf camps" became popular or commonplace.
Same thing back then if someone specifically asked me about an area that they were going to I would share what I knew if they were serious otherwise we stayed pretty titelipped about anything.
We put in the effort let someone else do the same.

Bedlam

PNW

View Profile

Posted: 06/19/22 08:53am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

These feelings are not just about camping. Fishing, hunting, mushroom picking also are close kept secrets...

Chevy Sonic 1.8-Honda Passport C70B-Host Mammoth 11.5-Interstate Car Carrier 20-Joyner SandViper 250-Kawasaki Concours ZG1000-Paros 8' flatbed-Pelican Decker DLX 8.75-Ram 5500 HD-Tank Urban Touring 150SE

3 tons

NV.

View Profile

Posted: 06/20/22 01:18pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

As with party affiliation, nowadays I tend to keep this kinda information close to my vest - lol [emoticon]

3 tons

Grit dog

Black Diamond, WA

View Profile

Posted: 06/20/22 02:04pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

covered wagon wrote:

Do most of you limit telling only a few friends? I think many places should be left unexposed by leaving it off the net and left for discovery and surprise by those willing to venture off the usual beaten path.

Any thoughts?

Just now getting the concept of a secret fishin hole?

2016 Ram 2500, MotorOps.ca EFIlive tuned, 5” turbo back, 6" lift on 37s
2017 Heartland Torque T29

JoeChiOhki

Sauvie Island, OR

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 06/21/22 02:46am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Grit dog wrote:

covered wagon wrote:

Do most of you limit telling only a few friends? I think many places should be left unexposed by leaving it off the net and left for discovery and surprise by those willing to venture off the usual beaten path.

Any thoughts?

None of them are really able to be truly kept secret, a Bluetooth GPS tracking tag surreptitiously applied to a friends vehicle that has a "secret locale" is all you need to figure out where they went after the fact [emoticon] (I'm being facetious here and I do not actually endorse doing this)

My Blog - The Journey of the Redneck Express
CB Channel 17 Redneck Express
'1992 Dodge W-250 "Dually" Power Wagon - Club Cab Long Bed 4x4 V8 5.9L gashog w/4.10 Geared axles
'1974 KIT Kamper 1106 - 11' Slide-in
'2006 Heartland BigHorn 3400RL

Grit dog

Black Diamond, WA

View Profile

Posted: 06/21/22 09:21am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

JoeChiOhki wrote:

None of them are really able to be truly kept secret, a Bluetooth GPS tracking tag surreptitiously applied to a friends vehicle that has a "secret locale" is all you need to figure out where they went after the fact [emoticon] (I'm being facetious here and I do not actually endorse doing this)

Wink wink, lol!

covered wagon

USA

View Profile

Posted: 06/26/22 03:15pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

JoeChiOhki wrote:

Grit dog wrote:

covered wagon wrote:

Any thoughts?

Yeah right! I'll know who did it too!

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 2  
Prev

Open Roads Forum  >  Truck Campers

> Magical Campgrounds found With A TC
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Truck Campers

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2022 CWI, Inc. © 2022 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved.