cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Dometic RM 2862 not working, and im stumped.

Plowboy72
Explorer
Explorer
Dometic rm 2862, getting 12v power to the eyebrow board, installed new board and try to turn on get 1 light that flashes 1 time then nothing.

Fuses on lower board are fine, 120v is present. The little sensor on the exhaust flue is not tripped.

Im wondering if the new board may just be faulty. Any advice is appreciated.

Update: now i get 2 lights that flash 1 time then off immediately. I can take a picture or make a short video if that will help. I have traced everything with my multimeter and everything so far checks out but both the old eyebrow board and the new one do this flash one time and then off thanks. Also, if I leave it in the off position for an hour or so when I go to try to turn it on the lights actually will come on for about a minute or two and then they go off and then the next time i turn on its back to the 2 lights flash one time and off. I am on shore power permanently, not trying to run the fridge off of propane or batteries.
2 REPLIES 2

Plowboy72
Explorer
Explorer
when I press the On/Off button to the On positio 2 of the indicators light up for about half a second then go off n, the auto indicator and the indicator for "5" on the cold to coldest scale.

Im aware there is no diagnostic code to be read on the flashing lights, simply was stating what the display is doing. I replaced the eyebrow board, both the old and the new board do the same thing.

Probably just going to get a 10 cubic foot magic chef residential style fridge to slide in the spot, the dometic us extremely shallow on food storage.

dougrainer
Nomad
Nomad
1. What year model of RV?
2. WHAT lights are flashing? Threre are NO flashing lights on a Dometic that tell diagnostic for your Model Dometic
3. You replaced the Eyebrow board or the Lower rear Main control board? Doug