cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

1997 Bounder, water line shut off before pump ?

MrWizard
Water pump is leaking, storage area all wet, and pump blows fuse, it seems water is getting into motor,

Is there a shutoff so i can change pump with out flooding the space i must crawl into,
There is a tank drain valve, at the tank, but that output pipe is broken, and will flood the area if i use it,
I can explain it to you.
But I Can Not understand it for you !

Connected using T-Mobile Home internet and Visible Phone service
1997 F53 Bounder 36s
6 REPLIES 6

Matt_Colie
Explorer
Explorer
Wizard,
Thank you for closing this one out. So often we hear of a problem and make recommendations that simply disappear.
Matt
Matt & Mary Colie
A sailor, his bride and their black dogs (one dear dog is waiting for us at the bridge) going to see some dry places that have Geocaches in a coach made the year we married.

MrWizard
Dotty to be late updating this topic..
All fixed,
This was the original pump with a 1996 mfg date
I had a spare with a 2001 mfg date, when I put in the spare it ran smooth and quiet but pumped no water, I removed it to find out why, Never did find why,
End result was to dissemble everything, clean the old pump head and mount it on the newer 2001 motor,
This worked and water flow is excellent, both pumps were stamped with 2.8 gallon flow rating, but the 2001 is marked with a higher current rating,
The situation is resolved, sorry to be slow posting the results, thanks for the suggestions and help
I can explain it to you.
But I Can Not understand it for you !

Connected using T-Mobile Home internet and Visible Phone service
1997 F53 Bounder 36s

tommy_g
Explorer
Explorer
Can you fit a piece of pvc or something over that main drain? Isn't yours the same as mine(rear door on curbside)? Would it hurt for that area to get temporarily wet?
1998 Bounder 36s F53 460 V8 Banks power & Honda Accord toad

RLS7201
Explorer
Explorer
MrWizard wrote:
Water pump is leaking, storage area all wet, and pump blows fuse, it seems water is getting into motor,

Is there a shutoff so i can change pump with out flooding the space i must crawl into,
There is a tank drain valve, at the tank, but that output pipe is broken, and will flood the area if i use it,

From my years around Bounders, I've not seen a shutoff before the pump.
Any chance you have some rubber plugs laying around. Unscrew the inlet fitting and stuff a plug in it quickly.

Maybe Loosen the mounting screws on the old pump and install the inlet fitting on the new pump, quickly. Have towels laying around the pump.

AH! syphon the water out of the gravity fill.

I'll accept that cup of coffee the next time we meet. he he

Richard
95 Bounder 32H F53 460
2013 CRV Toad
2 Segways in Toad
First brake job
1941 Hudson

wa8yxm
Explorer III
Explorer III
Two answers... Usually yes.. 2nd If not drain the fresh tank and refill later.

Follow the flow.. That is the intake line on the pump. towards the fresh tank. also don't forget to shut off city water if connected
Home was where I park it. but alas the.
2005 Damon Intruder 377 Alas declared a total loss
after a semi "nicked" it. Still have the radios
Kenwood TS-2000, ICOM ID-5100, ID-51A+2, ID-880 REF030C most times

CA_Traveler
Explorer III
Explorer III
Can you rig a temporary drain pipe? Drill some drain holes? Cut the pipe near the pump and drain it overboard? Use a pump or sunction to drain the tank?
2009 Holiday Rambler 42' Scepter with ISL 400 Cummins
750 Watts Solar Morningstar MPPT 60 Controller
2014 Grand Cherokee Overland

Bob