cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Small residential refrigerator replacement needed!

RVcrazy
Explorer
Explorer
We need to replace our Whirlpool 10.1 ASAP. What have you used in the space of the old 10 cu ft propane/electric unit? Are you happy with it? The shelf broke in ours & it is VERY expensive to replace & hard to findโ€ฆno longer manufactured. The only thing readily available is the Magic Chef 10.1, but seems to not last long. We are having trouble even finding floor samples to look at. Frigidaire also has a unit that might work at 10.1, but with mixed reviews. Seems like a lot of people are having trouble getting their refrigerators to get (& keep) cold enough. Thanks for you input! Unfortunately we are on the road & have to make a snap decision!
6 REPLIES 6

mhardin
Explorer
Explorer
I always enjoy knowing the outcome of a member's question. Too bad some just don't seem to think about getting back to us. :@
2013 Ford F-350, 4x4, Crew Cab, Long Box.
2001 Jayco Eagle 266 FBS.
2014 Heartland Elkridge 37 Ultimate.

mhardin
Explorer
Explorer
Maybe you don't have to buy a new one immediately just because of a broken shelf. You might not have to replace it at all if you can find a wire shelf that fits. I'm thinking of This type of shelf.
2013 Ford F-350, 4x4, Crew Cab, Long Box.
2001 Jayco Eagle 266 FBS.
2014 Heartland Elkridge 37 Ultimate.

Lwiddis
Explorer
Explorer
Make sure you can get the old unit out and the new unit in the RV before you buy.
Winnebago 2101DS TT & 2022 Chevy Silverado 1500 LTZ Z71, WindyNation 300 watt solar-Lossigy 200 AH Lithium battery. Prefer boondocking, USFS, COE, BLM, NPS, TVA, state camps. Bicyclist. 14 yr. Army -11B40 then 11A - (MOS 1542 & 1560) IOBC & IOAC grad

TXiceman
Explorer
Explorer
We bought a small Haier at Lowe's. Worked great.

Ken
Amateur Radio Operator.
2023 Cougar 22MLS, toted with a 2022, F150, 3.5L EcoBoost, Crewcab, Max Tow, FORMER Full Time RVer. Travel with a standard schnauzer and a Timneh African Gray parrot

TenOC
Nomad
Nomad
Check out Lowes
Please give me enough troubles, uncertainty, problems, obstacles and STRESS so that I do not become arrogant, proud, and smug in my own abilities, and enough blessings and good times that I realize that someone else is in charge of my life.

Travel Photos

Gooma
Explorer
Explorer
You will proably have ro settle for whatever is avaiable.