Good Sam Club Open Roads Forum: Where have all the members gone on this forum?
Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in General RVing Issues

Open Roads Forum  >  General RVing Issues

> Where have all the members gone on this forum?

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Page  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 13  
Prev  |  Next
jmtandem

western nevada

View Profile

Posted: 06/21/22 07:27am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Quote:

So, where has everybody gone? Other forums, Facebook, etc.

Forums has lost a lot of their luster. Back in the day you are correct there was lots of discussion on topics, some spirited. I liked that. Today most of that is lost or the mods just delete it. People move on.

'05 Dodge Cummins 4x4 dually 3500 white quadcab auto long bed.

fj12ryder

Platte City, MO

View Profile

Posted: 06/21/22 08:07am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Reisender wrote:

Your probably right. Probably getting into that tens of thousands now. The Facebook user groups are very active. Dozens of new owners every day, all with lots of questions. Not all are buying teardrops but most are. But the Ford and Rivian new owners are starting to show up as well. But again, all on individual brand tow groups. I doubt any will ever set foot here, although the toxicity of these old RV boards does get mentioned from time to time.
I'll have to take your word for it, but I'll remain skeptical until I actually see some "in the wild", so to speak.

Howard and Peggy

"Don't Panic"

ford truck guy

Pennsylvania

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 06/21/22 08:16am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

fj12ryder wrote:

Reisender wrote:

Your probably right. Probably getting into that tens of thousands now. The Facebook user groups are very active. Dozens of new owners every day, all with lots of questions. Not all are buying teardrops but most are. But the Ford and Rivian new owners are starting to show up as well. But again, all on individual brand tow groups. I doubt any will ever set foot here, although the toxicity of these old RV boards does get mentioned from time to time.
I'll have to take your word for it, but I'll remain skeptical until I actually see some "in the wild", so to speak.

I may NOT tow as much as some here, BUT I do travel A LOT for work ( up and down the East Coast weekly from New England to Charlotte ) and I can honestly say, I have not seen 1 EV towing.. ever...Not even a small utility trailer... [emoticon]

Me-Her-the kids
2020 Ford F350 SD 6.7
2020 Redwood 3991RD Garnet

QCMan

Independent Republic of Horry

View Profile

Posted: 06/21/22 08:24am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Still here also! I still post when I see something I can help on but steer away from a lot of questions that scream "I learned nothing from life so far and I need someone to hug me". There are, unfortunately, way too many that bought an rv and thought it requires no work at all and then make very stupid mistakes which complicate things. Then they get upset that there is no finger snap or button click to fix it.
We have curtailed our camping to smaller high end spots because we got tired of folks that think we absolutely need to know them. At 70+ I still prefer to meet folks that are meat eating, leather wearing and fossil fuel burning.
When we lived in a different state, I had someone with a petition to condemn rain forest logging and blamed me for helping it because I had a Mitsubishi car with "lots of exotic wood in it" even though there was not even a splinter of wood in the car. He also condemned my leather belt but got offended when I pointed out that his shoes were leather. Lying and deception are things that exclude you from even my acquaintance list.
Sorry for the rant but this is my take and I am so glad that I am closer to the end than the beginning of life because I cry every time I see what morons are doing to what used to be a wonderful country to live in.

2020 Keystone Cougar 22RBS, Ram 1500, two Jacks and plenty of time to roam!
The difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has its limits. A.E.

monkey44

Cape Cod, MA and Central Fla

View Profile

Posted: 06/21/22 08:45am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Don't know how many posts I have, but enrolled here in 2002 ... shared what I know, and learned a lot since buying my first truck camper ... before that, lots of tent and van camping.

Lots of good info on here still, when you need it. Altho, member numbers do seem to be dwindling a bit. I suspect other venues, FB - TT - IG, etc. take a few away...

We use FB for friends and family - no other social media interests us -- too much BS on most of them, with little real meat for the RV commuunity. JMHO [emoticon] M44

Monkey44
Cape Cod Ma & Central Fla
Chevy 2500HD 4x4 DC-SB
2008 Lance 845
Back-country camping fanatic

Reisender

NA

View Profile

Posted: 06/21/22 09:09am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

ford truck guy wrote:

fj12ryder wrote:

Reisender wrote:

I may NOT tow as much as some here, BUT I do travel A LOT for work ( up and down the East Coast weekly from New England to Charlotte ) and I can honestly say, I have not seen 1 EV towing.. ever...Not even a small utility trailer... [emoticon]

I don’t think it’s that common in North America. Probably a few thousand though. We belong to three towing or camping groups on Facebook. 1 in English, 1 in French and 1 in German. It seems to be more common over seas but that that’s just a matter of numbers. The adaption rate of EV’s in Europe and Great Britain is much higher than North America and the infrastructure is superior. It’ll probably catch on more on this side of the pond if the infrastructure improves but that’s probably a long way off.

Funny though, I have assisted with 5 P3 brake control installs in the last 3 months and all but one were in English. 1 guy in Arizona and three people in Vancouver BC area.

So far in the last month on our cross country camping trip we have seen 3 other EV’s pulling small travel trailers. Lots pulling boats and utility trailers though.

Cheers.

Texas

View Profile

Posted: 06/21/22 09:52am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

ford truck guy wrote:

fj12ryder wrote:

Reisender wrote:

I saw my 1st one a few months ago in Childress Tx. He was pulled in sideways blocking about 4 charge stations.

A Tesla pulling a cute lil retro Shasta

2011 Ford F-150 EcoBoost SuperCab Max Tow, 2084# Payload, 11,300# Tow,
Timbrens, PullRite SuperGlide 2700 15K
2013 KZ Durango 2857

stripit

Prescott

View Profile

Posted: 06/21/22 10:08am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I'm still here since Feb of 2004, check in just about everyday, used to try to post something helpful, or maybe try to correct some info given in error by someone. But over the years, seems my thoughts are not needed as others have jumped in before me and I don't feel the need to confirm someone's post just to get another of my posts seen. So just because you don't see a post doesn't mean we are not out here lurking!!

Stacey Frank
2016 Tiffin Allegro Bus 40AP
2019 Tesla Model X
2015 Cadillac SRX we Tow
1991 Avanti Convertible

PA12DRVR

Back in God's Country

View Profile

Posted: 06/21/22 10:14am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Been on since 2004, had a couple of name glitches so can't say how many posts. I still use this forum quite a bit, but (although I don't have an RV anymore) I find that brand specific forums (fora?) can be a bit more on point.

I also use FB for more of my basic research stuff. I'll make my own analysis (for example) of what my 3/4 ton truck can haul, but part of that analysis will involve fairly generic questions ("what sort of auxiliary fuel tank works in a 2009 Chevy?"), it's often easier to do a quick search on FB than this forum.

CRL
My RV is a 1946 PA-12
Back in the GWN

S Davis

Western WA

View Profile

Posted: 06/21/22 10:43am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Part of the issue is some one new posts and it turns into a 12 page argument, seems like people can’t agree to disagree anymore. Facebook, other forums and grumpy old men would be my answer.

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Page  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 13  
Prev  |  Next

Open Roads Forum  >  General RVing Issues

> Where have all the members gone on this forum?
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in General RVing Issues

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2022 CWI, Inc. © 2022 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved.