cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

RV Campgrounds near Athens OH

sonuvabug
Explorer
Explorer
We have a trip planned with our truck camper set-up next month and we'd like to find an RV campground near Athens Ohio as we have friends staying at the Ohio University Inn & Conference Center in Athens.

Just 2 mature adults travelling ... no kids so not interested in a busy Yogi Bear type campground. We'll be touring the Windy 9 on our motorcycles all day so quiet at night, clean shower/restroom facilities and a bit of nature/privacy would be great. A pool would be an appreciated but not necessary bonus.

Any suggestions?
2007 Adventurer 90fws Truck Camper
2001 FORD F250 SuperCab; 8' box; 4x4, 7.3l diesel, rear Sumo Springs
4 REPLIES 4

sonuvabug
Explorer
Explorer
Thanks All. I'll let yo know how things turn out.
2007 Adventurer 90fws Truck Camper
2001 FORD F250 SuperCab; 8' box; 4x4, 7.3l diesel, rear Sumo Springs

agteacher
Explorer
Explorer
Not a whole lot right in Athens. Most will be at least a half hour drive. Coolville, Hocking, Burr Oak, Lake Hope, Pomeroy.
camping buddies - my husband,:R
American Eskimo - Baby
07 Lance 915
2015 Ram 3500 Lonestar Edition
01 International 4700 - SOLD
99 Dodge 3500 Quad Long Bed,Cummins,Rhino Liner
06 WW SLC 3505 - SOLD
48 Ford 8N was a rustbucket
52 Ford 8N w/ Sherman 54B HydroHoe

afidel
Explorer II
Explorer II
Not sure if 25 minutes is too far but my kids stayed at Lake Hope State campground a few weeks ago and said it was very nice.
2019 Dutchman Kodiak 293RLSL
2015 GMC 1500 Sierra 4x4 5.3 3.42 full bed
Equalizer 10k WDH

cliffy49
Explorer II
Explorer II
The wife and I spent a weekend at the Carthage Gap campground last Oct. to watch the granddaughter in the Marching band. The cg was clean and quiet,may have been due to the fact that it was the second to last weekend they were open for the year. Really cant commnet on the ameneties as we were only at the cg for about and hour or two all weekend.

May want to take a look at the website and drawe your own conclusions;
http://www.carthagegaprvpark.com/?utm_source=campgrounds.rvlife.com&utm_campaign=RVLife_Campgrounds&...
If I remeber correctly we had to send them a check to hold the reservation.
cliffy49
2016 F150 Ecoboost & max tow (Gone)
2021 Silverado Custom 2500HD
2018 Catalina TH26 Toy hauler