cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dish Tv help needed

hpdrver
Explorer
Explorer
I am trying to set up a home using the two Wally’s I use with my rv. The home is wired with coax from multiple rooms going to the attic. There is also a single coax line going from the outside to the attic. It is not easy to add another coax line going from outside to the attic. I have purchased a dish 1000 satellite dish with a quad lnb to install outside to feed this single coax line that goes to the attic.

I have read goggle search on how to split dish satellite signal to two receivers but am confused by them. How do I split the dish signal to feed two Wally receivers. Thanks
Texas Two Step
2021 Coach House 272XLFR
2020 JL Jeep Wrangler
14 REPLIES 14

wvcampers
Explorer
Explorer
I had DISH change from hopper and 2 joeys to 3 Wallys in my house. They tried the SOLO switch but ended up running 3 separate coax from the LNB one to each Wally. I also have the 1000.2 antennae.
2017 F350 6.7 CC Lariat DRW
2018 Cardinal Luxury Edition 3250 RLX

PButler96
Explorer
Explorer
hpdrver wrote:
That is what I looked at and appears to be what I need. Will call solid signal and confirm wire plan and order parts. Thanks

Solid signal is awesome. I buy parts and recievers from them often. Great prices, fast shipping, no BS.
I have a burn barrel in my yard.

hpdrver
Explorer
Explorer
That is what I looked at and appears to be what I need. Will call solid signal and confirm wire plan and order parts. Thanks
Texas Two Step
2021 Coach House 272XLFR
2020 JL Jeep Wrangler

PButler96
Explorer
Explorer
Solid Signal

Click and download, page 8.

hpdrver
Explorer
Explorer
I do not want a hopper system installed but want to use my two Wally’s. I have a dish western arc 1000.2 antenna with 4 lnb outputs. My own research showed that I could install a dpi-42 switch to the antenna and a single coax to a satellite splitter off of this switch to feed the two Wally’s. What I need is someone with actual dish expertise to advise me if this method is feasible or is there another way.
Texas Two Step
2021 Coach House 272XLFR
2020 JL Jeep Wrangler

Cptnvideo
Nomad
Nomad
No wiring to reconfigure in the house or RV. A single co-ax cable from the dish to the Hopper 3. That's it.
Bill & Linda, 2019 Ram Laramie 3500 dually 4x4 diesel, Hensley BD5 hitch, 2022 Grand Design Solitude 378MBS, 1600 watts solar, Victron 150/100 MPPT controller, GoPower 3kw inverter/charger, 5 SOK 206AH LFP batteries for 1030 ah

PButler96
Explorer
Explorer
Cptnvideo wrote:
I'm not positive, but I think RF energy (satellite signal) will pass thru fiberglass but not glass due to the chemical composition of glass.
For the OP, switch to a Hopper 3 with 2 wireless Joeys.

He wants to use the two wallys he already has in his RV, in his house when hes not using the RV. Why would he want to buy a hopper 3 and two Joey's? Then he would have to reconfigure all the wiring in his RV amd the dish on his RV may not even support a hopper 3.

Cptnvideo
Nomad
Nomad
I'm not positive, but I think RF energy (satellite signal) will pass thru fiberglass but not glass due to the chemical composition of glass.
For the OP, switch to a Hopper 3 with 2 wireless Joeys.
Bill & Linda, 2019 Ram Laramie 3500 dually 4x4 diesel, Hensley BD5 hitch, 2022 Grand Design Solitude 378MBS, 1600 watts solar, Victron 150/100 MPPT controller, GoPower 3kw inverter/charger, 5 SOK 206AH LFP batteries for 1030 ah

CA_Traveler
Explorer III
Explorer III
chuckbear wrote:
You CAN NOT put a dish under any roof and get reception.
X2 But I'm not sure about glass in a window?
2009 Holiday Rambler 42' Scepter with ISL 400 Cummins
750 Watts Solar Morningstar MPPT 60 Controller
2014 Grand Cherokee Overland

Bob

chuckbear
Explorer
Explorer
You CAN NOT put a dish under any roof and get reception.

CA_Traveler
Explorer III
Explorer III
I'm having a hard time imagining a dish working in a attic, not that i've ever tried it. In my experience rain on the surface of the dish is not a problem, but rather the weather in the 23,000 mile distance to the satellite and/or wind that moves the dish.
2009 Holiday Rambler 42' Scepter with ISL 400 Cummins
750 Watts Solar Morningstar MPPT 60 Controller
2014 Grand Cherokee Overland

Bob

wa8yxm
Explorer III
Explorer III
Have you tried putting the dish in the Attic? Might be an issue in rain/snow but otherwise.

And if you have an attic window facing either west or south with a bit of positining you might even be able to avoid rain issues.
Home was where I park it. but alas the.
2005 Damon Intruder 377 Alas declared a total loss
after a semi "nicked" it. Still have the radios
Kenwood TS-2000, ICOM ID-5100, ID-51A+2, ID-880 REF030C most times

PButler96
Explorer
Explorer
A dish 1000 has 3 lnbs not 4. I assume its a western arc dish going by the location in your info. What you would need to do is have a separate coax run to each wally from the lnb as the lnb is also your "switch".

Or two separate runs from the lnb to a solo node, then one run from solo node to a power pass two way splitter, then a run from each splitter tap to each wally.

Ranger_Smith
Explorer
Explorer
One of these possibly

Satellite Signal Splitter
Where we are now

Amateur Radio Operator WW1SS . . . Flex 6500 PGXL and TGXL
Steve and Joy
2014 Itasca Suncruiser 38Q . . . 2016 Lincoln MKX
The Doodles, Abbie & Abel
Baby and Kissie the Chihuahuas and Lucy the Biewere Yorkie