Good Sam Club Open Roads Forum: Truck Campers: Ford F250 frame hold downs?
Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Truck Campers

Open Roads Forum  >  Truck Campers

> Ford F250 frame hold downs?

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 2  
Prev
mkirsch

Rochester, NY

View Profile

Posted: 06/28/22 06:46am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

artburg wrote:

When did I complain of the price?
I was asking because I wasn't too impressed with the welds and how loose the outter part fits into frame mounted section.

Notice I said "assume."

That's USUALLY the complaint. Never heard anyone criticize the build quality of a Torklift product before. Have you even seen one up close?

Putting 10-ply tires on half ton trucks since aught-four.

notsobigjoe

southeast

View Profile

Posted: 06/28/22 07:36am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

ticki2 wrote:

You can also use an old style belly bar if it doesn’t interfere with anything under the frame like exhaust or drive shaft . Given you use the right size material they are very strong . The down side is they are always there sticking out . You can make them short and use removable inserts . Keep in mind that with either Torklift or belly bar you are more likely to rip out the attachment on the camper long before either of them fail .

Yeah, since the conversation has already taken a turn I'll jump in. Belly bar, 25 bucks, welder 50 bucks, hardware 30 bucks, fast guns were the expensive part. Been that way since 2009. Everything from Torklift is overpriced because they own the market.

Bedlam

PNW

View Profile

Posted: 06/28/22 12:18pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

With Torklift, you are buying a US made product with life time warranty. There are cheaper pre-made options but lack the support or are imported to cover the discount. The least expensive option is to build something yourself if you have the time, skills and location to do so. You will be your own quality setter by selecting the engineering, materials and workmanship.

I know I enjoy some projects and others not so much. Consider how much fun you have building verses camping since time is something you will never be able buy back.

Chevy Sonic 1.8-Honda Passport C70B-Host Mammoth 11.5-Interstate Car Carrier 20-Joyner SandViper 250-Kawasaki Concours ZG1000-Paros 8' flatbed-Pelican Decker DLX 8.75-Ram 5500 HD-Tank Urban Touring 150SE

artburg

Long Island NY

View Profile

Posted: 07/07/22 05:52pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I actually bought the front Torklift F2007 front hold downs on Ebay from a seller that had Best Offer option.Agreed on$376.99. When they arrived the box was damaged and some pieces had damaged power coating. Contacted seller and they credited me $65.18 back.A real bargain

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 2  
Prev

Open Roads Forum  >  Truck Campers

> Ford F250 frame hold downs?
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Truck Campers

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2022 CWI, Inc. © 2022 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved.