cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Winter 2022/2023 trip plans changed!

rocmoc
Explorer
Explorer
Family Reunion changed plans to Fld. So our winter trip will be in Fld. Sorry!
rocmoc n Great SouthWest USA
12 REPLIES 12

rocmoc
Explorer
Explorer
Thank you and travel safe!

ferndaleflyer
Explorer III
Explorer III
I have one of those reunions this weekend up on the Ohio river in WV. 400mi one way in my DP. Was on a 500mi one way this past week with diesel hovering around $6.00. But since I am the oldest I am expected to attend while others can't travel 10 mi to participate. I am lucky to have the money and the health to be there. You be careful

rocmoc
Explorer
Explorer
Don't want to go into too much detail. First degree family member is not expected to make it thu winter and we HAVE to be there to support the other half. Thus family reunion.

qtla9111
Nomad
Nomad
Talleyho69 wrote:
Maybe you can just fly to Florida for the event, and still have some time and money left for a Baja trip.

When we relocated to Mexico permanently our families got told that we welcomed them to come stay for up to a week, we have a separate apartment at the house, but that we wouldn't be returning to the US for visits. Some thought it cruel, but it's realistic for us. Five years later, two friends come annually to visit, not a single family member!

Ditto!
2005 Dodge Durango Hemi
2008 Funfinder 230DS
Living and Boondocking Mexico Blog

Talleyho69
Maybe you can just fly to Florida for the event, and still have some time and money left for a Baja trip.

When we relocated to Mexico permanently our families got told that we welcomed them to come stay for up to a week, we have a separate apartment at the house, but that we wouldn't be returning to the US for visits. Some thought it cruel, but it's realistic for us. Five years later, two friends come annually to visit, not a single family member!

Keela
Explorer
Explorer
I plan on leaving Vancouver Island and going to Baja.. Have been going for many years ..Probably will cross into Mexico at Algondonnes around mid Oct. I drive a truck and camper towing a car .. If anyone wants to travel with me they are welcome..going as far as Mulege and beaches of concepcion.. I get by pretty good with my spanish..

rocmoc
Explorer
Explorer
Family is priority in this case as there are fewer and fewer of us. Sorry!

Lwiddis
Explorer
Explorer
Are trip details secretive?
Winnebago 2101DS TT & 2022 Chevy Silverado 1500 LTZ Z71, WindyNation 300 watt solar-Lossigy 200 AH Lithium battery. Prefer boondocking, USFS, COE, BLM, NPS, TVA, state camps. Bicyclist. 14 yr. Army -11B40 then 11A - (MOS 1542 & 1560) IOBC & IOAC grad

Talleyho69
OK, come on. Post it all here and maybe more will be involved!!!!

rocmoc
Explorer
Explorer
Changed plans, Family reunion in Fld.

MarkTwain
Explorer
Explorer
rocmoc wrote:
Have traveled Mexico Mainland / Baja 16 times. Looking for company and joint safety. Send private message for planning the trip if interested.

rocmoc n The Great SouthWest

Contact the Baja Vagabundos travel club in Rio Vista, Calif.

Lwiddis
Explorer
Explorer
Leaving about when?
Winnebago 2101DS TT & 2022 Chevy Silverado 1500 LTZ Z71, WindyNation 300 watt solar-Lossigy 200 AH Lithium battery. Prefer boondocking, USFS, COE, BLM, NPS, TVA, state camps. Bicyclist. 14 yr. Army -11B40 then 11A - (MOS 1542 & 1560) IOBC & IOAC grad