cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Fuel cost in your area

bgum
Explorer
Explorer
What is the price of fuel in your area and what is your general location. I am near Baton Rouge.
It is

4.33 regular
5.37 diesel
In my area.
58 REPLIES 58

ferndaleflyer
Explorer III
Explorer III
Little country place here had diesel for $5.44 today. I didn't pay any attention to gas

Caveman_Charlie
Explorer
Explorer
PButler96 wrote:
Caveman Charlie wrote:
I got 20 gallons today for $3:98 in Spirit Lake Iowa by using my grocery store Cents Off Per Gallon card. If you buy certain groceries you can save on gas.

The certain groceries you buy are marked up to make up for it and then some, but it makes folks feel better.

Sometimes yes !! You do have to watch out for that !!

It takes a little figuring out each week to see what is the best stuff to purchase. For a lot of people it might not work but, I check out the advertisement on line each week on Wednesday when it come out and then check the prices compared to other sources.

You also have to decide if you can or want that item ! Sometimes you can save on gas if you purchase things like 4 boxes of cereal. I can't eat 4 boxes of cereal before it gets stale.

It takes me a little time on computer each week to do some checking but, then again it takes me a little time on computer each week to check this site too.

To each their own.
1993 Cobra Sunrise, 20 foot Travel Trailer.

johnhicks
Explorer
Explorer
$4.50/gal propane at Loves Leavenworth, Ind.
-jbh-

JaxDad
Explorer III
Explorer III
I filled up on the way home from the cottage yesterday because the gas is much cheaper near the city.

It was the equivalent of US$5.60 /US gallon for regular, unfortunately my beast requires premium which was US$6.84 / US gallon.

PButler96
Explorer
Explorer
Caveman Charlie wrote:
I got 20 gallons today for $3:98 in Spirit Lake Iowa by using my grocery store Cents Off Per Gallon card. If you buy certain groceries you can save on gas.

The certain groceries you buy are marked up to make up for it and then some, but it makes folks feel better.
I have a burn barrel in my yard.

Caveman_Charlie
Explorer
Explorer
1993 Cobra Sunrise, 20 foot Travel Trailer.

Navy_E-8
Explorer
Explorer
$4.39 Lake of the Ozarks

wanderingbob
Explorer II
Explorer II
In my little teeny town , two diff diesel stations , 80 cents difference in price .

PButler96
Explorer
Explorer
LouLawrence wrote:
Just glad to see that the National average is down .19 from their highs. Hang in there, baby!

Oh goody, a fill up will be $173.16 instead of $180.00. I can hardly wait LOL. I can get a Wendy's $5 bag.

LouLawrence
Explorer
Explorer
Just glad to see that the National average is down .19 from their highs. Hang in there, baby!

PButler96
Explorer
Explorer
JIMNLIN wrote:

Poor big oil companies and especially their CEOs must have it bad now.

They're in bed with the poor big AG companies, poor big food processors, poor big building materials companies, poor big auto manufacturers, and poor big everyone else.

This thread is comical. Taking into account state and local gas taxes are different everywhere, and the price per gallon is also affected by shipping costs from refinery to retailer and other factors like individual state regulations, it tells you nothing.

Microlite_Mike
Explorer
Explorer
JIMNLIN wrote:
Just paid this 1 hour ago ...

regular...4.29 at my closest local gazz station
diesel...5.12 at the same station.
red diesel....4.79 at same station.
gasbuddy was off 10 cents to 37 cents in said station.

They certainly had it bad in 2020.

In 2021, Exxon Mobil made a record profit of $23 billion. But the profits gained came after it lost $22.4 billion in 2020 because of the pandemic.

https://www.newsnationnow.com/business/at-a-glance-oil-companies-see-record-profits-in-2021/

Another factor is the possibility of shortages as Oil Companies are pressured by Shareholders (If you have a 401K it's possible "you are one of them") to pass on profits rather than investing in drilling and more production.

Gas prices around me have dropped slightly but if demand keeps rising, and no more production comes to market, as the old saying goes "We ain't seen nuthin yet".

Want to get a real shock? Check out these predictions: (Warning- Be sure you are wearing your Depends before reading the price projections starting 3 years from now. There's a good reason Gas Stations are now changing their pumps so they can show more than $9.999/gallon prices.)

https://priceprediction.net/en/price-prediction/gas

All I can say is that at least one of my vehicles is a Plug-in Hybrid and my annual gas purchases for it have averaged <5 gallons per year since I bought it. Sadly, it can't tow my trailer but at least I can save up enough to buy gas for a few local camping trips a year when prices hit 2025 projections.
"Knowledge is realizing that the street is one-way, wisdom is looking both directions anyway."

~ Albert Einstein

JIMNLIN
Explorer
Explorer
Just paid this 1 hour ago ...

regular...4.29 at my closest local gazz station
diesel...5.12 at the same station.
red diesel....4.79 at same station.
gasbuddy was off 10 cents to 37 cents in said station.

"good judgment comes from experience, and a lot of that comes from bad judgment" ............ Will Rogers

'03 2500 QC Dodge/Cummins HO 3.73 6 speed manual Jacobs Westach
'97 Park Avanue 28' 5er 11200 two slides

johnhicks
Explorer
Explorer
Diesel $5.99 in Charlestown, Ind.
-jbh-