Good Sam Club Open Roads Forum: Tow Vehicles: A Big Thank You
Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Tow Vehicles

Open Roads Forum  >  Tow Vehicles

> A Big Thank You

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 2  
Next
rarin'2go

Medway, OH, USA

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 06/27/22 06:37pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I want to give a big thank you to everyone who responded to my three posts. I want you to know that I am now more confused than ever about what to do. I did learn a few thinks though. Not to make anyone mad but I think a lot of people have their opinions right or wrong. Some said that I would have no problem towing my camper with a 2500 or 250 where others said no way. some said a gas engine would be OK where others said they wouldn't tow anything unless they had a diesel truck and a dully at that. I felt that some even questioned my mental state and my manhood. People asked why I didn't provide certain information so they could make an informed answer. I didn't even know that info was even relative that is why I asked the questions. In the end I have read everyone's input more than once and I do appreciate you taking the time to respond. I have made a decision on what I am going to do. For what it is worth I am a 75 year old widower who just wants to do something other than sitting in the house. A 2500 gasser is in my future and I hope it will work out ok. I may just find that I don't like camping with just my dogs if so the truck will just be used to run to store so I figured I would rather have that than a big boy. It wasn't as hard a decision as I thought. I know I have written a book that will not be read by many but I did enjoy reading all the inputs.

Mike

FishOnOne

The Great State of Texas

View Profile

Posted: 06/27/22 06:46pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

You asked for opinions and that's what you got as many are on the fence as well since sometimes it's not a binary decision. Enjoy the camping with your dogs as you deserve it.

BTW... Based on your question and your experience with your previous trucks I think you knew the answer to your question.

'12 Ford Super Duty FX4 ELD CC 6.7 PSD 400HP 800ft/lbs
"200k Mile Club"
'16 Sprinter 319MKS "Wide Body"

LadyRVer

Florida

View Profile

Posted: 06/27/22 06:58pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Being a widow, 76, when I made my cross country trip, my 2500 gasser did just fine. Had a slide-in truck camper on way out to OR from FL. Trade in OR and got a travel trailer and towed it back to FL.
Enjoyed every mile of my trip with my Cocker Spaniel. Good luck and enjoy.

rarin'2go

Medway, OH, USA

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 06/27/22 07:41pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

You are definitely an inspiration.

pianotuna

Regina, SK, Canada

View Profile

Posted: 06/27/22 10:10pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

rarintogo,

It depends on how much of a hurry you are in. I have a V-10 and oversize wheels on a class C E-450. I weigh 13750 fully loaded and have no problems in the rocky mountains.

Regards, Don
My ride is a 28 foot Class C, 256 watts solar, 556 amp-hours of Telcom jars, 3000 watt Magnum hybrid inverter, Sola Basic Autoformer, Microair Easy Start.

midnightsadie

ohio

View Profile

Posted: 06/28/22 05:18am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

think theres a widowers club for campers? you might try a camp out with them. and I,76 still moving .you,ll like your new rv.

ferndaleflyer

everywhere

View Profile

Posted: 06/28/22 06:48am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I won't get involved in your question but I am 81 and so far going strong. Leaving in the morning on a 500mi trip. Have fun

Martyn

Panama City Beach, FL USA

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 06/28/22 07:25am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

ferndaleflyer wrote:

I won't get involved in your question but I am 81 and so far going strong. Leaving in the morning on a 500mi trip. Have fun

73 here and heading on a round trip from Florida to Ontario in a few weeks. Have trips planned once a month for the next 11 months. We love it.

2020 Keystone Cougar Half-Ton 27SGS;
2019 Dodge Ram 2500 QC 4x4 6.4 Hemi BigHorn;
DEMCO Autoslide; 2 Honda EU2000i's;
Our Website

Cummins12V98

on the road

View Profile

Posted: 06/28/22 07:50am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Why do so many call it a "Dully" ???

2015 RAM LongHorn 3500 Dually CrewCab 4X4 CUMMINS/AISIN RearAir 385HP/865TQ 4:10's
37,800# GCVWR "Towing Beast"

"HeavyWeight" B&W RVK3600

2016 MobileSuites 39TKSB3 highly "Elited" In the stable

2007.5 Mobile Suites 36 SB3 29,000# Combined SOLD

jfritz_drfritz

canada

View Profile

Posted: 07/06/22 05:46am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Cummings owners probably[emoticon]

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 2  
Next

Open Roads Forum  >  Tow Vehicles

> A Big Thank You
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Tow Vehicles

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2022 CWI, Inc. © 2022 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved.