cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

96 Georgie Boy Water Tank

clucerorv
Explorer
Explorer
Does anyone know how many gallons the fresh water tank holds on a 1996 Georgie Boy Cruisemaster? Our 1st time using fully self contained and barely got 3 very quick rinse and off showers. What are we missing?
8 REPLIES 8

Rick_Jay
Explorer II
Explorer II
Bruce Brown wrote:
Also check the overflow. Many times if you fill the tank 100% it can hit the overflow, which will create a syphon and you'll lose a bunch of that 82 gallons.

This is definitely something to look into. When we first got our GBM (I was a complete RV newby), I filled the freshwater tank until water came out the overflow and stopped. Usually right before pulling out of the driveway.

Most of our first year trips were within 2-3 hours of travel so we didn't even usually stop along the way. On our first longer trip, I pulled into a rest area about 80 miles from home. As I exited the RV, a fellow RV'er told me that we're leaking freshwater! I checked, and sure enough, he was right. The dreaded "siphon problem".

My solution was to get a couple of shark bite shut-off valves and install them on the ends of the two over-flow pipes. (My rig has 2: one on each side directly behind the rear wheels.) Now when I fill up the water tank, when water flows out the drains, I close those valves. The next day, after some water usage, I'll open the valves and usually the situation is resolved. If water is still leaking, I'll close the valve and check again after we use more water.

With a crew of 2 adults, 4 children and a dog or two, I wanted to maximum our freshwater carrying ability.

So, definitely look into that possibility on your rig. It might even be fine when you fill the tank on a level, but upon travelling up/down hills, the water might slosh enough to get a siphon started.

Good Luck,

~Rick
2005 Georgie Boy Cruise Master 3625 DS on a Workhorse W-22
Rick, Gail, 1 girl (27-Angel since 2008), 1 girl (22), 2 boys (23 & 20).
2001 Honda Odyssey, Demco Aluminator tow bar & tow plate, SMI Silent Partner brake controller.

Bruce_Brown
Also check the overflow. Many times if you fill the tank 100% it can hit the overflow, which will create a syphon and you'll lose a bunch of that 82 gallons.

In every MH we've owned (5 of them now) I've put a T in the overflow line and extended a vent that effectively stops the syphoning from happening.
There are 24 hours in every day - it all depends on how you choose to use them.
Bruce & Jill Brown
2008 Kountry Star Pusher 3910

dougrainer
Nomad
Nomad
I found specs for 1996. It shows 82 gallons fresh and 52 gallons for each holding tank. GAS chassis. Doug

gbopp
Explorer
Explorer
Dutch_12078 wrote:
gbopp wrote:
It looks like it holds 82 Gallons.

A lot of specs could have changed between 1996 and 2008...

Good point, I didn't see the specs were for a 2008.
I googled a 1996 and that is what came up.
Thanks.

Rick_Jay
Explorer II
Explorer II
Hi,

Do you have a model number for that Cruise Master? We have a 2005 (on a 2004 chassis) and the freshwater capacity is 75 gallons. From the GBM brochure I have for 2004, they used two fresh water tank sizes: 62 gallons or 75 gallons, with the 75 gallon size being used more frequently.

I believe in 1996, the Cruise Master was available with a diesel chassis? Is yours a diesel or gas? When we bought ours, the Cruise Master line was only built on the Ford or WorkHorse gas chassis.

Unless it's one of the shorter (25'-ish feet long) models, I think it's safe to say it would have at least 60 gallons of freshwater.

If you can tell us any more info, I'll see what I can dig up.

~Rick
2005 Georgie Boy Cruise Master 3625 DS on a Workhorse W-22
Rick, Gail, 1 girl (27-Angel since 2008), 1 girl (22), 2 boys (23 & 20).
2001 Honda Odyssey, Demco Aluminator tow bar & tow plate, SMI Silent Partner brake controller.

Dutch_12078
Explorer
Explorer
gbopp wrote:

If you can access the tank, measure the height, width, and depth to calculate the cubic footage of the tank. A cubic foot of water is 7.48 gallons. Realistically, there's always a small air space even when the tank is "full", but the measurements will get it pretty close.
Dutch
2001 GBM Landau 34' Class A
F53 chassis, Triton V10, TST TPMS
Bigfoot Automatic Leveling System
2011 Toyota RAV4 4WD/Remco pump
ReadyBrute Elite tow bar/Blue Ox baseplate

Dutch_12078
Explorer
Explorer
gbopp wrote:

A lot of specs could have changed between 1996 and 2008...
Dutch
2001 GBM Landau 34' Class A
F53 chassis, Triton V10, TST TPMS
Bigfoot Automatic Leveling System
2011 Toyota RAV4 4WD/Remco pump
ReadyBrute Elite tow bar/Blue Ox baseplate

gbopp
Explorer
Explorer