Good Sam Club Open Roads Forum: Tow Vehicles: Dino juice v Electrons....
Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Tow Vehicles

Open Roads Forum  >  Tow Vehicles

> Dino juice v Electrons....

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Page  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 20  
Prev  |  Next
Grit dog

Black Diamond, WA

View Profile

Posted: 06/29/22 11:34am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Turtle n Peeps wrote:

Well would you look at that!!! Amazing how math works out almost exactly like it was predicted.

Math = bad.
Dreams and hopes = good.
Sheesh, Peeps, what are you doing here?
Half these antagonists probably couldn't make change as a cashier...why do you think the automatic change makers came into being at grocery stores bout the time the majority of these guys were grocery bagger/stock boy aged? LOL

2016 Ram 2500, MotorOps.ca EFIlive tuned, 5” turbo back, 6" lift on 37s
2017 Heartland Torque T29

shelbyfv

TN

View Profile

Posted: 06/29/22 02:06pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Grit dog wrote:

shelbyfv wrote:

Generalissimo Franco is still dead....

Is this some weird inference like Yosemite like to toss out there to sound like he's really in the top 2% of the IQ chart like he claims?

(PS, mods you can't delete this...ole YS1 made the claim, not me...lol)
Ha! It's an allusion to an old SNL running joke. Used here instead of the beating a dead horse emoji. Just establishes I'm old, not smart![emoticon]

fj12ryder

Platte City, MO

View Profile

Posted: 06/29/22 04:59pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

shelbyfv wrote:

Grit dog wrote:

shelbyfv wrote:

Generalissimo Franco is still dead....

Is this some weird inference like Yosemite like to toss out there to sound like he's really in the top 2% of the IQ chart like he claims?

(PS, mods you can't delete this...ole YS1 made the claim, not me...lol)
Ha! It's an allusion to an old SNL running joke. Used here instead of the beating a dead horse emoji. Just establishes I'm old, not smart![emoticon]
Can't believe it had to be explained, these people need to get out more. [emoticon] And segued very well from the not ready for prime time reference.

Howard and Peggy

"Don't Panic"

Grit dog

Black Diamond, WA

View Profile

Posted: 06/29/22 07:31pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

fj12ryder wrote:

Can't believe it had to be explained, these people need to get out more. [emoticon] And segued very well from the not ready for prime time reference.

That was me, but cut me some slack, man...I looked it up and it was from Chevy Chase weekend updates skits from 1975.
I doubt I was watching SNL when I was 2 years old!
I don't recall begging to stay up and watch SNL til around 10 years old at least...LOL!

time2roll

Southern California

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 06/29/22 07:42pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BjRqj_STFFM

Need a remake when Putin goes.

2001 F150 SuperCrew
2006 Keystone Springdale 249FWBHLS
675w Solar pictures back up

fj12ryder

Platte City, MO

View Profile

Posted: 06/30/22 08:50am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Grit dog wrote:

fj12ryder wrote:

That was me, but cut me some slack, man...I looked it up and it was from Chevy Chase weekend updates skits from 1975.
I don't recall begging to stay up and watch SNL til around 10 years old at least...LOL!
Yeah, seems like just yesterday. LOL

PA12DRVR

Back in God's Country

View Profile

Posted: 06/30/22 10:16am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Regarding the "not in my lifetime"....

...My old man saw the first airplane to fly in Montana as a kid; made everyone within the state (Alaska at the time) have a bit of a family reunion to see footage of the moon landing in '69. Ultimately traveled 'round the world on a variety of jet aircraft before passing.
...Friend of the old man's "Bob", who died in the '50's, had a career as a mariner: started as a kid on sailing ships and retired after several years working on Panamax diesel carriers.
...one 12drvr traveled from Los Anchorage to Seattle as a kid: 4-engine connies and/or DC-somethings, stops in Yakutat, Juneau, Ketchikan, Seattle, about a 8 hour trip if not interrupted by weather. Same 12drvr (YEARS later) routinely traveled non-stop Chicago - London or Ewe-stun - Africa non-stop on dedicated Boeing 747 Charters.

Point is that a lot can happen in a lifetime, although I suspect electric tow vehicles to rival the class 3 trucks won't make it in mine.

CRL
My RV is a 1946 PA-12
Back in the GWN

Lantley

Ellicott City, Maryland

View Profile

Posted: 06/30/22 11:34am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

PA12DRVR wrote:

...My old man saw the first airplane to fly in Montana as a kid; made everyone within the state (Alaska at the time) have a bit of a family reunion to see footage of the moon landing in '69. Ultimately traveled 'round the world on a variety of jet aircraft before passing.
...Friend of the old man's "Bob", who died in the '50's, had a career as a mariner: started as a kid on sailing ships and retired after several years working on Panamax diesel carriers.
...one 12drvr traveled from Los Anchorage to Seattle as a kid: 4-engine connies and/or DC-somethings, stops in Yakutat, Juneau, Ketchikan, Seattle, about a 8 hour trip if not interrupted by weather. Same 12drvr (YEARS later) routinely traveled non-stop Chicago - London or Ewe-stun - Africa non-stop on dedicated Boeing 747 Charters.

Point is that a lot can happen in a lifetime, although I suspect electric tow vehicles to rival the class 3 trucks won't make it in mine.

I imagine that has more to do with YOUR age/ lifespan vs. the pace of technology.
While I'm not holding my breath or counting the days and years. I think there is a chance that EV Semi's may be on the road and ready for prime time within my lifetime.

19'Duramax w/hips,12'Open Range,Titan Disc Brake
BD3,RV safepower,22" Blackstone
Ox Bedsaver,RV760 w/BC20,Glow Steps, Enduraplas25,Pedego
BakFlip,RVLock,5500 Onan LP,Prog.50A surge,Hughes autoformer
Porta Bote 8.0 Nissan,Sailun S637
Correct Trax,Splendide

Grit dog

Black Diamond, WA

View Profile

Posted: 06/30/22 11:45am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

fj12ryder wrote:

Grit dog wrote:

fj12ryder wrote:

Yeah, seems like just yesterday. LOL

Cheers man!
Only as old as you feel!

valhalla360

No paticular place.

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 06/30/22 12:33pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

PA12DRVR wrote:

Can happen & likely to happen are different things. Since the laptop battery came out, there hasn't been much advancement addressing the Achilles heal of EVs.

We've also been told the flying car and fusion power are just a couple years away for decades.

Tammy & Mike
Ford F250 V10
2021 Gray Wolf
Gemini Catamaran 34'
Full Time spliting time between boat and RV

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Page  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 20  
Prev  |  Next

Open Roads Forum  >  Tow Vehicles

> Dino juice v Electrons....
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Tow Vehicles

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2022 CWI, Inc. © 2022 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved.