2020 Sherco 300 SEF Factory
2018 Honda Rancher TRX420FA6
2017 Montesa 4RT260
2021 Honda CRF450X
16 REPLIES 16

Skibane
Explorer II
Explorer II
I'm curious if the "CO-Minder" carbon monoxide shutdown on the 3200i can be bypassed (like on other models).

If not, that would be a deal-breaker for me.

Also, Honda says that it's 6 dB louder than the EU2200i with a small (25%) load.

That's a major difference.

Chum_lee
Explorer
Explorer
Skibane wrote:
Chum lee wrote:
Now, if you have a new travel trailer, fifth wheel, or camper that doesn't already have a generator, and no internal bay to mount one, then (IMO) the new Honda 3200i portable would be a good choice. IMO, with 3200 watts (max) power, and rooftop AC, you're ALWAYS going to be chasing power/load management especially if you are running the AC, . . . . even more so at higher altitudes/temperatures.

IMO, an EU2200is and a MicroAir EasyStart kit for your rooftop AC essentially gets you the same result - in a smaller, lighter package - for roughly half the cost.

You could conceivably go even cheaper with a Chinese generator, but the EU2200is's larger engine gives you some starting surge headroom.

Well . . . . (IMO) you've missed my point completely. Hummmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm. My system, which I already own, (described in my previous post) currently works just fine. I DON'T HAVE TO BUY/FIX ANYTHING! I know that Honda makes a great product. (others do too) It just doesn't fit with what I currently do. At this stage of my life, spending +-$3000 to fix something, that ain't broke, makes no sense to me at all. Nice try!

Chum lee

Latner
Nomad
Nomad
Skibane wrote:
Chum lee wrote:
Now, if you have a new travel trailer, fifth wheel, or camper that doesn't already have a generator, and no internal bay to mount one, then (IMO) the new Honda 3200i portable would be a good choice. IMO, with 3200 watts (max) power, and rooftop AC, you're ALWAYS going to be chasing power/load management especially if you are running the AC, . . . . even more so at higher altitudes/temperatures.

IMO, an EU2200is and a MicroAir EasyStart kit for your rooftop AC essentially gets you the same result - in a smaller, lighter package - for roughly half the cost.

You could conceivably go even cheaper with a Chinese generator, but the EU2200is's larger engine gives you some starting surge headroom.

X2 This works great for my situation. Sure, you have to manage power use when running the air, but I have the option of adding another 2200 if I feel I need more power and at a lower cost.

Skibane
Explorer II
Explorer II
Chum lee wrote:

time2roll
Explorer II
Explorer II
Skibane wrote:
They're still selling a separate version for California, which is kind of surprising. You'd think that the fuel injection would allow them to meet emissions requirements for both the federal and CA standards.
I believe California is in the process to ban the sale of gas generators soon (2028?) anyway.

I am sure the new Honda works great.

Chum_lee
Explorer
Explorer
Here's the issue. (for me) Currently, in my 1999 30' Southwind Class A, I have a 4000 watt Onan internally hard mounted which works just fine 99% of the time. (single rooftop 13,500 BTU AC) True, it uses more fuel than a Honda 2000, 2100, 3200, (etc.) and it doesn't have eco mode. BUT, I'M NOT CHANGING ANYTHING THAT CURRENTLY WORKS JUST FINE!

Chum lee

Skibane
Explorer II
Explorer II
valhalla360 wrote:
I love the idea of fuel injection to avoid the carb issues but When you can get a higher output dual fuel generator for 1/3 the price...I'll wait.

They're still selling a separate version for California, which is kind of surprising. You'd think that the fuel injection would allow them to meet emissions requirements for both the federal and CA standards.

Lwiddis
Explorer
Explorer
Sixty pounds and only $2,999! Wow! You can buy a bunch of Predators for that amount of money.
Winnebago 2101DS TT & 2022 Chevy Silverado 1500 LTZ Z71, WindyNation 300 watt solar-Lossigy 200 AH Lithium battery. Prefer boondocking, USFS, COE, BLM, NPS, TVA, state camps. Bicyclist. 14 yr. Army -11B40 then 11A - (MOS 1542 & 1560) IOBC & IOAC grad

valhalla360
Nomad
Nomad
Carl n Susan wrote:
pianotuna wrote:
tailrider,

How much money?

$2,999

I love the idea of fuel injection to avoid the carb issues but When you can get a higher output dual fuel generator for 1/3 the price...I'll wait.
Tammy & Mike
Ford F250 V10
2021 Gray Wolf
Gemini Catamaran 34'
Full Time spliting time between boat and RV

Grit_dog
Nomad III
Nomad III
Wow, under 60lbs. Nice unit!
But $50/lb for a portable generator is just wackโ€ฆ
2016 Ram 2500, MotorOps.ca EFIlive tuned, 5โ€ turbo back, 6" lift on 37s
2017 Heartland Torque T29 - Sold.
Couple of Arctic Fox TCs - Sold

Carl_n_Susan
Nomad II
Nomad II
pianotuna wrote:
tailrider,

How much money?

$2,999
Temp Signature1
Second Line
Third line
Fourth Line

pianotuna
Nomad II
Nomad II
tailrider,

How much money?
Regards, Don
My ride is a 28 foot Class C, 256 watts solar, 556 amp-hours of Telcom jars, 3000 watt Magnum hybrid inverter, Sola Basic Autoformer, Microair Easy Start.

trailrider
Explorer
Explorer
Texas Nomad wrote:
I'm assuming that you started a general thread on small RV inverter generators. If so, here is another from Northern Tool. Very quiet at 57 dB.

https://www.northerntool.com/shop/tools/product_200888192_200888192

No, I started a thread on the new Honda EU3200i generator.
2020 Chevrolet Silverado 3500HD GAS!!!
1978 Chevrolet Silverado K20 4x4
2007 Komfort 277TS
2020 Sherco 300 SEF Factory
2018 Honda Rancher TRX420FA6
2017 Montesa 4RT260
2021 Honda CRF450X

bgum
Explorer
Explorer
Looks good and they are trying to hit the sweet spot. It is fuel injected but appears somewhat hard on gas.