cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Los Algodones Mexico

1ed
Explorer
Explorer
Going to the above city for dental work and was wondering dos and don’ts while in the city. Can I drink the water etc Appreciate any info.Traveled around the world but it has been years since I have departed US. Thanks Ed
8 REPLIES 8

1ed
Explorer
Explorer
Thanks for all the great info. We are waiting on our Passports which were submitted on 2 JUN and I know it takes 8 weeks or so to get them so we have some time to gather as much info as possible. I CAN'T DO ANYTHING WITHOUT A PLAN.
The last time I had Montezuma's revenge was in Tunis, Tunisia and I just wanted to die if you know what I mean.
Hopefully our excursion into Molar City will be a good one. Ed

bighatnohorse
Explorer II
Explorer II
Don't be shocked by all the happy street greeters along the sidewalks that encourage one to use their dentist or shop.
(It's kind of off-putting to non-travelers.)

We've never had a problem there but we always carry Cipro - provided by out local primary care doc - for world travel.
2021 Arctic Fox 1150
'15 F350 6.7 diesel dually long bed
Eagle Cap Owners
“The best lack all conviction, while the worst
Are full of passionate intensity."
-Yeats

rocmoc
Explorer
Explorer
agesilaus wrote:
Do not eat any salad or fresh uncooked vegetables or fruit

This is not a problem, they use same produce that is imported into USA.

rocmoc n Great SoutWest
rocmoc n Great SouthWest USA

moisheh
Explorer
Explorer
No restaurand in Algadones will serve anything that makes you sick. Eat and enjoy.

Thunder_Mountai
Explorer
Explorer
No worries. Carry your own water in or drink bottled water provided. Montezuma's revenge is not lurking around every corner. Get your teeth cleaned and eat at one of several local eateries. Been doing it for years. Haven't died or caught anything I know of yet. Just use good sense. It is a great cultural experience to go there. Never felt threatened. If you are on prescription drugs, check at the "purple pharmacy". Either have a photograph of your overpriced American packaging or a copy of you prescription. You will pay 50% or less than what you are being ripped off for in the US.
2016 Winnebago Journey 40R
2018 Rubicon
1982 FJ40 Toyota Land Cruiser
2020 Keystone Outback 327CG
2020 Dodge Ram 2500
Polaris RZR XP 1000
4 Cats
3 Dogs
1 Bottle of Jack Daniels
Two old hippies still trying to find ourselves!

Desert_Captain
Explorer II
Explorer II
Another tip that applies just about anywhere in Mexico...

When dining in a restaurant that has "Misters" do NOT sit anywhere that the mist can reach your plates. If you think they fill those things up with bottled water you are sadly mistaken. They generally use buckets drawn from a spigot out back. :S

Just sayin...

:C

agesilaus
Explorer II
Explorer II
Do not eat any salad or fresh uncooked vegetables or fruit
Arctic Fox 25Y Travel Trailer
2018 RAM 2500 6.7L 4WD shortbed
Straightline dual cam hitch
400W Solar with Victron controller
Superbumper

Seneca_35GS
Explorer
Explorer
By mid June most all of the snowbirds and Canadian citizens have departed. To be safe I would still not drink the water, but a beer or soda would be OK. Lot's of good dentists, liquor stores and pharmacy's in town. The summer months are very HOT so prepare accordingly and good luck. I like our Algodones dentist better than our dentist in S. Calif.