cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Note to Newbies with Children

mittshel
Explorer
Explorer
Hello Newbies, Welcome to RVing. If you have children please teach them about "quiet hours". Also show them some bike etiquette. Also to all campers you walk facing the cars and bike with the cars. One more thing. If you are in a CG that picks up your trash eah morning, please keep your plastic bag off the grass. It only takes a short time to kill the grass. Now have fun. Betsy.
Betsy
13 REPLIES 13

mittshel
Explorer
Explorer
Mike, I love that one. So true. Thanks for posting that.
Betsy

Mike134
Explorer
Explorer
Betsy/Karen,

You forgot to mention the grownups drinking, radio blasting, hoot'in and a hollering till early in the morning
2019 F150 4X4 1903 payload
2018 Adventurer 21RBS 7700 GVWR.

Thom02099
Explorer II
Explorer II
PButler96 wrote:
Don't sit around a morning fire in your underwear while chain smoking cigarettes and guzzling coffee.

Straight from Nomadland ๐Ÿ˜‰
2007 GMC Sierra SLE 3500HD Dually
2016 Coachmen Catalina Legacy Edition 243RBS
2007 Keystone Outback 25RSS - R.I.P.

PButler96
Explorer
Explorer
Don't sit around a morning fire in your underwear while chain smoking cigarettes and guzzling coffee.
I have a burn barrel in my yard.

mittshel
Explorer
Explorer
Thanks for chimeing in fellow RVers. I'm sure there are lots more concerns. Oh, I forgot another one. Don't leave your porch light and/or scare lights on all night. Chances are it shines in someones bedroom window. Betsy.
Betsy

time2roll
Explorer II
Explorer II
mittshel wrote:
Hello Newbies, Welcome to RVing. Now have fun.
There, I fixed it ๐Ÿ˜‰

Crowe
Explorer
Explorer
Ayyyyyyyyyyy? Huh? What?

LOL!

I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I needed to be

Douglas Adams

[purple]RV-less for now but our spirits are still on the open road. [/purple]

Horsedoc
Explorer II
Explorer II
There is a CG/resort in Myrtle Beach that has golf cart rentals. Well after dark these things are flying up and down the "streets" with a lot of youngsters driving and riding. Dangerous to us Geezer types that have to move slow and don't see very well. We did rent one one season and it was fun to drive around and just see the sites, so I understand how they enjoy it. But a broken hip or leg will pretty much end our camping and mobility completely
horsedoc
2008 Damon Essence
2013 Jeep Sahara Unlimited
Blue Ox tow

naturist
Nomad
Nomad
Crowe wrote:
I agree they are good reminders but the same can be said for the seniors who are hard of hearing and are yelling at each other at 5:30 a.m. Etiquette goes both ways and then some.

Indeed it does. At the same time, I have noted that there seem to be a lot of people who do not realize how their voices carry when there are no loud traffic and other city noises to drown them out.

We camped once next to a family whose adolescent kids wakened each morning at the crack of dawn, and proceeded to quietly play games until their parents got up to fix breakfast. They were trying hard to be good, they really were, but their whispers back and forth were the finest stage whispers I've ever heard. They just did not realize how loud they were. Mom and dad slept right through it, but we in the next campsite, inside our camper, heard every word.

PButler96
Explorer
Explorer

And now for a public service message.

Crowe wrote:
I agree they are good reminders but the same can be said for the seniors who are hard of hearing and are yelling at each other at 5:30 a.m. Etiquette goes both ways and then some.

Ayyyyyyyyyyy? Huh? What?
I have a burn barrel in my yard.

Crowe
Explorer
Explorer

I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I needed to be

Douglas Adams

[purple]RV-less for now but our spirits are still on the open road. [/purple]

mdcamping
Explorer
Explorer
This circles back to the general 5-7 mph speed limit that most campgrounds have...risk goes down when traffic speed is followed. Please no riding bikes after dusk is another common sense safety rule. Good point about keeping garbage bags off the grass.

Mike
2022 F-150 3.5 EcoBoost 4X4 Supercrew GCWR 19,500 157WB
Payload 2476 Maxtow 13,800 3.73 Equalizer 4 Pt Sway Hitch
2017 Jayco Jay Flight 24RBS
Old TV, 07 Toyota Tacoma, Double Cab, Factory Tow Pkg, retired towing at 229K. (Son now owns truck)

JIMNLIN
Explorer
Explorer
good reminders.
One campground had trash bag pickup at a given time each morning. They also advise not to put trash out to early...crows would tear the bags open and leave a mess.
The first time I put my trash bag out 15 min early. Trash guy knocked on my door and nicely says I had a mess to clean up.
"good judgment comes from experience, and a lot of that comes from bad judgment" ............ Will Rogers

'03 2500 QC Dodge/Cummins HO 3.73 6 speed manual Jacobs Westach
'97 Park Avanue 28' 5er 11200 two slides