cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Verizon Hot Spot

haste_maker
Explorer II
Explorer II
Is the Verizon Hot Spot secure using the "Orbic Verizon" ?
Retried Teamster
2007 Allergo
6 REPLIES 6

PastorCharlie
Explorer
Explorer
It is password protected.

ktmrfs
Explorer
Explorer
with a good password as secure as your home internet with a secure password. Also can set it so the SSID is not broadcast so others won't even see the SSID. And you can set it so only specified devices MAC address can access it.
It also has a guest SSID which our kids and others use so it is seperate from our SSID account.
2011 Keystone Outback 295RE
2004 14' bikehauler with full living quarters
2015.5 Denali 4x4 CC/SB Duramax/Allison
2004.5 Silverado 4x4 CC/SB Duramax/Allison passed on to our Son!

2oldman
Explorer
Explorer
It's as secure as I need just the way it is.
"If I'm wearing long pants, I'm too far north" - 2oldman

Second_Chance
Explorer II
Explorer II
Much more secure that public WiFi, for sure. We've never had any issues using a VZW hotspot. The Orbic doesn't get as good reviews as the VZW Inseego 8800L, though (we've used an 8800L since they first came out and it has been flawless).

Rob
U.S. Army retired
2020 Solitude 310GK-R
MORryde IS, disc brakes, solar, DP windows
(Previously in a Reflection 337RLS)
2012 F350 CC DRW Lariat 6.7
Full-time since 8/2015

Lwiddis
Explorer
Explorer
As secure as any of them IMO. Besides, I have no National secrets to hideโ€ฆthat I remember besides the effective range of a .45 1911.
Winnebago 2101DS TT & 2022 Chevy Silverado 1500 LTZ Z71, WindyNation 300 watt solar-Lossigy 200 AH Lithium battery. Prefer boondocking, USFS, COE, BLM, NPS, TVA, state camps. Bicyclist. 14 yr. Army -11B40 then 11A - (MOS 1542 & 1560) IOBC & IOAC grad

wa8yxm
Explorer III
Explorer III
Interesting question
The answer depends on what you want it to be secure from.

Example: I got an E-mail the other day that said DHL was trying to deliver a package but having a problem.. Well E-mail does not actually open on my computer but on a very very very well protected remote system that is NOT running Windows.
I just get an "image" of it and any attachments are ... blocked.

So I opened it
The company logo was not DHL but BHL and the photo of the delivery vehicle UPS.

Think perhaps they were after my personal data wanting me to click on the link and log in .. . .. (They got something else. I clicked on a link all right but is was a 'Report this e-mail' link provided by the E-mail service not part of the message).

NO internet system is secure against a user who falls for the bait.

I get several like messages every day Usually i just hit "Report" and never open them. I did that one just for fun.

Or the E-mail I got from Bank of America Security (NO IT WAS NOT)
We are having some problems accessing your account to check on some security issues please click on the link and long in.

I'm sure they were having issues accessing my BoA account..... I bank elsewhere.
Home was where I park it. but alas the.
2005 Damon Intruder 377 Alas declared a total loss
after a semi "nicked" it. Still have the radios
Kenwood TS-2000, ICOM ID-5100, ID-51A+2, ID-880 REF030C most times