Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Leaky Dometic toilet water intake valve

vicmitch
Explorer
Explorer
vicmitch wrote:

Hello,

Been having trouble with my Dometic 310 toilet intake water valve sticking open partially wasting precious water into the black tank, just like to know how common this, just had the old valve replaced, the new one did not work any better, does Thetford work any better?
4 REPLIES 4

ChuckSteed
Explorer
Explorer
The Dometic 310 is far far better than any Thetaford toilet .. ever..

Since yo7 have replaced the flush valve I would look at the pedal assy to see if it is binding up when the toilet foot pedal is pressed down to flush the toilet..

If either the foot pedal is sticking on the side OR the inside bowl seal or flush port is sticking then it will not let the pedal return t9 proper position and will keep the plunger on the flush valve partially depressed..hence the flow of water

opnspaces
Navigator
Navigator
So the replacement valve doesn't work any better and it still leaks under pump pressure. It sounds like there is some kind of debris in the water system that is getting stuck in the valve. Either that or when you installed the new valve you did not get it seated correctly.
since I'm guessing you have debris in the valve I doubt a Thetford would work any better.

Do you possibly have enough hose length to disconnect the fill pipe from the valve, wrap it in a coffee filter and put it in a dry bucket. Have someone turn on the water pump while you hold the hose end in the bucket. Count to 30 and turn the pump back off. Now check the coffee filter and see if there is debris stuck in it.
2001 Suburban 4x4. 6.0L, 4.10 3/4 ton **** 2005 Jayco Jay Flight 27BH **** 1986 Coleman Columbia Popup

QCMan
Nomad II
Nomad II
Does the most recent one leak?
2020 Keystone Cougar 22RBS, Ram 1500, two Jacks and plenty of time to roam!
The difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has its limits. A.E.
Good Sam Life Member

vicmitch
Explorer
Explorer
The toilet intake valve leaks with the on board pump pressure as well as our house well pump pressure of 60 lbs, doesnโ€™t appear to be a way to take the valve apart to see what the problem really is either. I sanitized and flushed the camper water system, putting in another new valve as well as a cut off valve in the line as a backup for the problem, on the new valve I can see a screen in intake so what ever gets by the screen would be pretty fine.