cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Really odd water issue

Hemling
Explorer
Explorer
So we are staying in Northern IL, and last night got a huge storm rolling through overnight. Personally, it was the worst one I've ever been in while camping, I was sure there was going to be damage. I was up all hours checking things and making sure water wasn't getting in and whatnot. One time I woke up and my pillow was wet. It's very odd because there are no seams or places for water to come in. Our master bedroom is the front of the camper. I am taller so I tend to sleep with my head pretty much right against the front wall, which is the leading edge of the camper. The wall was damp to the touch, but I could not identify any 'running' water or trail. My pillow was wet and the parts of the sheet that touch it were also. Nothing else was wet - nothing on the floor, walls. . .. like I said, absolutely no place for water to get in that particular spot and nowhere else. We tend to keep it cool (like 70 degrees) at night. All I can figure is maybe condensation from being so close to an outer wall? It has been ungodly humid and hot.
6 REPLIES 6

Lynnmor
Explorer
Explorer
Where is your TV antenna crank, if you have one?

time2roll
Explorer II
Explorer II
Condensation. I have same issue in the bunk area. No leaks just the fabric absorbing moisture off the wall over time.

opnspaces
Navigator
Navigator
It sounds like condensation from your body and breathing made worse by the super high humidity. If you have a maxflow style vent cover that allows the vent open in the rain I would open it and turn on the fan. You need to get air flow moving throughout the camper.
2001 Suburban 4x4. 6.0L, 4.10 3/4 ton **** 2005 Jayco Jay Flight 27BH **** 1986 Coleman Columbia Popup

rk911
Explorer
Explorer
if you're still there more storms are coming thru now. buckle up!
Rich
Ham Radio, Sport Pilot, Retired 9-1-1 Call Center Administrator
'10 Jeep Liberty KK

& MaggieThe Wonder Beagle

Lwiddis
Explorer
Explorer
Up all hours doesnโ€™t help much. Complete checking after the storm passes is the ticket IMO.
Winnebago 2101DS TT & 2022 Chevy Silverado 1500 LTZ Z71, WindyNation 300 watt solar-Lossigy 200 AH Lithium battery. Prefer boondocking, USFS, COE, BLM, NPS, TVA, state camps. Bicyclist. 14 yr. Army -11B40 then 11A - (MOS 1542 & 1560) IOBC & IOAC grad

wa8yxm
Explorer III
Explorer III
Storm cooled the wall. Moisture in the air inside the RV condensed.
Home was where I park it. but alas the.
2005 Damon Intruder 377 Alas declared a total loss
after a semi "nicked" it. Still have the radios
Kenwood TS-2000, ICOM ID-5100, ID-51A+2, ID-880 REF030C most times