cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ATTN Stable Lift Owners

jeepin_junkie01
Explorer
Explorer
I am on my way to pick up a camper that is 16 hours away from where I live and the camper has the stable lift jack system installed. I am 3 hours into my drive and it I had an oh $hit moment because my truck is lifted with larger than stock tires so I don’t know if the camper will be able to be raised high enough to pull the truck under. The distance from the ground to the bottom of the bed of my truck is about 38”. I know the measurement will vary based on the model of camper that the stable lift is installed on but if somebody can give me an approximate max height that the stable lift will raise a camper that would be very helpful! The seller is not answering my messages and I am have been parked at a gas station for the last 2 hours googling to try to get information about this question to no avail. I have also callled and left voicemails to stable lift with no return call yet. Please help!
10 REPLIES 10

LMHS
Explorer II
Explorer II
Let's hope the OP got the brackets that go under the truck too. We had to order them. Ended up traveling with the camper strapped down with heavy duty ratchet straps thru a tornado producing storm. But once we got the brackets installed, we have found the Stabile Lift to be great. I love that we can level out the camper the inch or two needed while it's still in the bed of the truck. I am not that impressed with the Lance camper though. But it's not mine, it's my daughter's and I just fix the thing.

mkirsch
Nomad II
Nomad II
burningman wrote:
No, removing the front hoop and then using the lift to raise the camper is an extremely bad idea.

I didn't say remove then lift.

I said lift, then remove.

Probably don't need much more than a 4x4 underneath the stable lift to get enough height for this lifted truck. Once it's up you can stake the legs of the stable lift so they can't shift if it's really that important. Take the front hoop out of the way, back in, replace, suck it up, done.

It's been long enough. Wonder how the OP made out.

Putting 10-ply tires on half ton trucks since aught-four.

burningman
Explorer
Explorer
No, removing the front hoop and then using the lift to raise the camper is an extremely bad idea.
You’ll probably be OK.
I couldn’t love the Stable-Lift more.
It’s way more solid and stable than any corner jacks, and it’s way easier.
2017 Northern Lite 10-2 EX CD SE
99 Ram 4x4 Dually Cummins
A whole lot more fuel, a whole lot more boost.
4.10 gears, Gear Vendors overdrive, exhaust brake
Built auto, triple disc, billet shafts.
Kelderman Air Ride, Helwig sway bar.

mkirsch
Nomad II
Nomad II
Grit dog wrote:
Lwiddis wrote:
Some might think the seller wise for not advising you. No advice, no liability. And probably thinks you want your money back. As Is sales can be problematic.

Really? What world do you live in?

The one where the seller is not responding to the OP's requests for information before he makes the entire 16 hour trip there only to find out he can't load the camper.

Now, can the front "hoop" be removed without severely compromising the Stable Lift mechanism? If so, it is a simple matter of putting the Stable lift up on some blocks to raise the camper high enough to get your truck under it. Raise the camper up on blocks, then remove the front hoop and back under. Replace the hoop, suck the stable lift up under the belly of the truck, and hit the road.

Putting 10-ply tires on half ton trucks since aught-four.

LMHS
Explorer II
Explorer II
I only have to lift up 36 inches to get in the back of the truck. I think the one we have will lift up to 40" as it's set up, but don't hold me to that.

Actually the Stabile Lift company has been fairly decent on getting back to us on a used Stabile Lift. No worse than most anyone else (LANCE!). We bought a truck camper with a Stabile Lift on it but we didn't have the saddles that go under the truck. We strapped the camper to the truck with thick ratchet straps and brought it home on a 3 hour drive thru a tornado warning area (and we saw a tornado).

Bought the saddle brackets that go under the truck. LOVE the Stabile Lift. Drove the truck 3000 miles/14 nights. Leveled the camper in the truck bed every night. Only took the camper out of the truck once on the trip.

Our camper was somewhat neglected. I don't think the Stabile Lift jacks had been greased in years. So I think I will have to pull all three jacks and take them apart to clean and grease them. Still. I LOVE THAT STABILE LIFT. Nifty little bugger.

Grit_dog
Nomad III
Nomad III
Lwiddis wrote:
Some might think the seller wise for not advising you. No advice, no liability. And probably thinks you want your money back. As Is sales can be problematic.

Really? What world do you live in?
2016 Ram 2500, MotorOps.ca EFIlive tuned, 5” turbo back, 6" lift on 37s
2017 Heartland Torque T29 - Sold.
Couple of Arctic Fox TCs - Sold

Lwiddis
Explorer
Explorer
Winnebago 2101DS TT & 2022 Chevy Silverado 1500 LTZ Z71, WindyNation 300 watt solar-Lossigy 200 AH Lithium battery. Prefer boondocking, USFS, COE, BLM, NPS, TVA, state camps. Bicyclist. 14 yr. Army -11B40 then 11A - (MOS 1542 & 1560) IOBC & IOAC grad

notsobigjoe
Nomad III
Nomad III
I owned a stable lift got nine years they are height adjustable but you have to lift the unit off the ground to adjust it. Perhaps the owner will let you adjust it on his truck to switch to yours. I do not remember the adjustment height but it wasn’t much.

jimh406
Explorer III
Explorer III
It looks like there is some adjustment in the frame, but probably need it on his truck to change the height.

'10 Ford F-450, 6.4, 4.30, 4x4, 14,500 GVWR, '06 Host Rainer 950 DS, Torklift Talon tiedowns, Glow Steps, and Fastguns. Bilstein 4600s, Firestone Bags, Toyo M655 Gs, Curt front hitch, Energy Suspension bump stops.

NRA Life Member, CCA Life Member

AnEv942
Nomad
Nomad
I know very little about stable lift, but my stock 01 f250 is 35" to bed.
So it wouldnt take all that much I would think to get into your truck.
Just stacking, be safe, place so camper doesnt want to move. If seller has air deflating truck would give you a couple of inches to load.
Just piping in
01 Ford F250 4x4 DRW Diesel, 01 Elkhorn 9U
Our camper projects page http://www.ourelkhorn.itgo.com