cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Month/Year of Mfr

Cecilt
Explorer
Explorer
When time is right I will consider a Class A built in 2020 as long as I can determine that the date of mfr of the house was prior to 3/20(start of COVID shutdowns). Are there stickers on a Class A that show the month and year of a fully completed motorhome like a car? tks
15 REPLIES 15

Dale_Traveling
Explorer II
Explorer II
Thor built rigs will have a sticker at the driver's left sidewall with on and off assembly line dates. The Ford incomplete vehicle stick has the chassis dates.

Personally I wouldn't worry about it. My 2006 was thrown together in the middle of the housing bobble when everyone was flush with cash thru refinancing their homes and buying flashy toys and my build dates seem to confirmation of my speculation. April chassis build completed and the coach leaves the Four Winds factory in June two moths later. Even being a repo my rig has been pretty easy to maintain and has never had me headed home early. My one break down I fixed the next day in the driveway.

2006 Hurricane 31D built on a 2006 Ford F53

enblethen
Nomad
Nomad
Coach build date and chassis build date will not be the same. You could have a 2022 RV built on a 2020 or 2021 chassis for example.

Bud
USAF Retired
Pace Arrow

2003 Chev Ice Road Tracker

chuckftboy
Explorer
Explorer
My coach serial number indicates the build completion date but there is also a tag with the date behind the driver seat.
2019 Horizon 42Q Maxum Chassis w/tag
Cummins L-9 450 HP / Allison 3000
2006 Jeep TJ and 2011 Chevy Traverse Tows

Sandia_Man
Explorer II
Explorer II
We purchased a used class A a couple of years ago and had no issues getting both chassis and house build dates with vin #, there were a couple of stickers in our rig that also contained various build info. With your 2020 class A being built rather recently getting all the specifics on that rig including all options should be an easy task, our used class A was a bit older but was simple to access records with vin in hand.

Lwiddis
Explorer
Explorer
What evidence do you have that RVs built before Covid began were more reliable than RVs built after Covid began? This seems similar to the hysterical fear of trucks and automobiles built on Mondays or Fridays.
Winnebago 2101DS TT & 2022 Chevy Silverado 1500 LTZ Z71, WindyNation 300 watt solar-Lossigy 200 AH Lithium battery. Prefer boondocking, USFS, COE, BLM, NPS, TVA, state camps. Bicyclist. 14 yr. Army -11B40 then 11A - (MOS 1542 & 1560) IOBC & IOAC grad

dougrainer
Nomad
Nomad
ALL RV's will have a glue on VIN sticker that will show the OEM Month/year of final build. Trailers it is outside on a left sidewall Motorhomes van be anywhere. Tiffin installs on the hinge side of the exterior of the entrance door. Others in the Dash drivers area sidewall or in an overhead bin in the drivers cockpit. But, they ALL have one, finding it can be a chore. Doug

way2roll
Nomad III
Nomad III
If you are looking for a 2 (or 3 by the time you buy it) year old MH most of the bugs should have been worked out by then. Especially if it has any miles on it. As with any used coach, at that point it's probably more about how it was taken care of and things sorted out than original build quality. Some of this will also depend on whether you are looking at entry level or higher end and brand.
2023 FR Sunseeker 2400B MBS

Bruce_Brown
ItsyRV wrote:
RLS7201 wrote:
Look on the wall beside the drivers seat.
Ask to see the Manufactures Statement of Origin {MSO}.

But if it's only a second stage MSO wouldn't that have only the completed coaches' build date, not the chassis date? Many first stage incompletes MSO's are replaced with a second stage MSO for finial builds. If the final build MSO didn't carry over the chassis build date (not required) all the second stage is mandated to carry over is the VIN which just decodes the "year".

Obviously the chassis would have been built before the coach was completed so the first stage MSO really doesn't matter.
There are 24 hours in every day - it all depends on how you choose to use them.
Bruce & Jill Brown
2008 Kountry Star Pusher 3910

enblethen
Nomad
Nomad
OP asked for coach manufacturer date.
If someone wants the chassis build date, would need to use chassis VIN number to get that information. Chassis dealer would or at should be able to get that information.

Bud
USAF Retired
Pace Arrow

rk911
Explorer
Explorer
chuckftboy wrote:
I'm curious, do you think the Coved shutdown would have somthing to do with quality or contamination?

+1
Rich
Ham Radio, Sport Pilot, Retired 9-1-1 Call Center Administrator
'10 Jeep Liberty KK

& MaggieThe Wonder Beagle

ItsyRV
Explorer
Explorer
RLS7201 wrote:

But if it's only a second stage MSO wouldn't that have only the completed coaches' build date, not the chassis date? Many first stage incompletes MSO's are replaced with a second stage MSO for finial builds. If the final build MSO didn't carry over the chassis build date (not required) all the second stage is mandated to carry over is the VIN which just decodes the "year".
1994 Itasca SunDancer 21RB - Chevy G-30 chassis.

RLS7201
Explorer
Explorer

Richard
95 Bounder 32H F53 460
2013 CRV Toad
2 Segways in Toad
First brake job
1941 Hudson

enblethen
Nomad
Nomad
There should be a sticker in the rig for weight that normally has the build date.

Bud
USAF Retired
Pace Arrow

LadyRVer
Explorer
Explorer
I have never found any stickers on my Class A's like that. If there is the manual and some paperwork on warranties on various components, maybe you could pick up a date from that? Or from service records?