cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Have you ever used all the stove burners at once?

magnusfide
Explorer II
Explorer II
Has anyone here ever had something cooking on all RV stove 3 burners at once?

Just wondering. I never have but then I do most of my cooking in cast iron outside and on one burner at home. Same at home. One burner, never two or more.

Inquiring minds want to know.
"The only time you should fear cast iron is if your wife is fixin' to hit you with it."-Kent Rollins
First law of science: don't spit into the wind.

Magnus
11 REPLIES 11

time2roll
Explorer II
Explorer II
Griddle across the back two and something in the pot up front has happened. Only if cooking a group meal.

2oldman
Explorer
Explorer
pbitschura wrote:
Just asking, but could you place an air bake cookie sheet on the wall as a heat deflector?
I suppose I could yes, but the pan will get hot. It's rare I ever need 3 burners, and my stove is so small fitting 3 pans is not easy.
"If I'm wearing long pants, I'm too far north" - 2oldman

pbitschura
Explorer
Explorer
2oldman wrote:
I can't use the one closest to the wall. Heat diffused from the pan will scorch the wall.
Just asking, but could you place an air bake cookie sheet on the wall as a heat deflector?
2020 Braxton Creek 24fb travel trailer

TexasShadow
Explorer
Explorer
Never have had the need, yet, and not looking for a menu that would require it, LOL.
TexasShadow
Holiday Rambler Endeavor LE/ 3126B Cat
Sometimes BMW K75 on Rear Carrier
Jeep Grand Cherokee or 2016 Ford XLT 4x4 super cab with 8 ft bed
M&G aux brake system
854 Watts of Solar Power

Always remember you're unique, just like everyone else.

bukhrn
Explorer III
Explorer III
valhalla360 wrote:
Not often but yeah.
X2
2007 Forester 2941DS
2014 Ford Focus
Zamboni, Long Haired Mini Dachshund

I've used all 3 of mine a number of times with no issues
2007 GMC 3500 dually ext. cab 4X4 LBZ Dmax/Allison - 2007 Pacific Coachworks Tango 306RLSS
RV Rebuild Website - Site launched Aug 22, 2021 - www.rv-rebuild.com

2oldman
Explorer
Explorer
I can't use the one closest to the wall. Heat diffused from the pan will scorch the wall.
"If I'm wearing long pants, I'm too far north" - 2oldman

Microlite_Mike
Explorer
Explorer
Only two things I know of that will limit the number of burners you CAN use.

First is the size of the regulator at the tanks and second is the amount of heat you can stand in the RV.

At one time during a family outing I had all three burners on (at different flame levels) as well as the two burners at my outside Kitchen running. With all windows and vents wide open it got a little warm inside.

FWIW, I dumped the tiny, cheap, regulator that came on my trailer for a Marshall MEGR-253 regulator that can deliver 225,000 BTU/Hr. Old one was about half that.
"Knowledge is realizing that the street is one-way, wisdom is looking both directions anyway."

~ Albert Einstein

toedtoes
Explorer II
Explorer II
I have used three of the four at once. No problem at all.

I don't do it regularly as I have a personal cooking rule that I only use as many pots/pans as people I am cooking for. And as I am usually going solo, I usually only use one pan.

And yes, my fridge and water heater were both running on propane when I used the multiple burners.
1975 American Clipper RV with Dodge 360 (photo in profile)
1998 American Clipper Fold n Roll Folding Trailer
Both born in Morgan Hill, CA to Irv Perch (Daddy of the Aristocrat trailers)

valhalla360
Nomad II
Nomad II
Not often but yeah.
Tammy & Mike
Ford F250 V10
2021 Gray Wolf
Gemini Catamaran 34'
Full Time spliting time between boat and RV

Lwiddis
Explorer
Explorer
I have. Three burners. No issues but oven and water heater were not on. Fridge was on gas however.
Winnebago 2101DS TT & 2022 Chevy Silverado 1500 LTZ Z71, WindyNation 300 watt solar-Lossigy 200 AH Lithium battery. Prefer boondocking, USFS, COE, BLM, NPS, TVA, state camps. Bicyclist. 14 yr. Army -11B40 then 11A - (MOS 1542 & 1560) IOBC & IOAC grad