cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Shower Pan Reinforcement

Mikell
Explorer
Explorer
I have a 2005 Lance 1181, and I’ve noticed some give in my shower pan. Has anyone gone underneath and reinforced theirs? I would hate for the shower floor to give way.
7 REPLIES 7

ticki2
Explorer
Explorer
If you have access you might want to inspect the floor under the pan , the give might not be the shower pan .
'68 Avion C-11
'02 GMC DRW D/A flatbed

joeshmoe
Explorer
Explorer
I thought expanding foam was just to fill gaps, not support weight.

My pan has staggered 1x1s supporting it. Looks like a stilt home under there. Pretty cheesy looking, but seems to work.
2014 Northwood Wolf Creek 850
2005 Ford F350 SRW SuperCab/LongBed 6.0 Powerstroke
QuickTrick's Towing Tune
Torklift Tie Downs/Fastguns/Upper/Lower Stableloads
Rancho 9000's

Atchafalaya_man
Explorer
Explorer
I have the same camper and the same problem. I was afraid of the run-away foam as well, and thought of putting A LITTLE of it into a zip-lock bag and shove the bag into place under the shower. After that expands, I'd slip another little bag in there, and so on.

From where would you access the underside of the tub? There's a thin panel in front of the toilet but I don't know how to remove it.

ken1961
Explorer
Explorer
Have you tried calling Lance Camper and explain your problem?
Ken

ticki2
Explorer
Explorer
You might try window and door spray foam as it doesn’t expand as powerful . Not sure how you will get under it to apply it .
'68 Avion C-11
'02 GMC DRW D/A flatbed

Mikell
Explorer
Explorer
Thank you, Covered Wagon.

covered_wagon
Explorer
Explorer
Expanding spray foam is best but make sure you do not spray too much into areas that have no place to expand or it will build too much pressure and cause distortion to the fiberglass or even damage. Also do not close off access to the drain, if it ever needed replacing.