Good Sam Club Open Roads Forum: Ford vs. Ram vs. GM Diesel HP/TQ Ratings
Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Tow Vehicles

Open Roads Forum  >  Tow Vehicles

> Ford vs. Ram vs. GM Diesel HP/TQ Ratings

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 10  
Prev  |  Next
cummins2014

Utah

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 07/18/22 09:08am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Cummins12V98 wrote:

FishOnOne wrote:

Cummins12V98 wrote:

"His Asin has been on the shop floor " You know the story and it had NOTHING to do with the AISIN.

This is what people do they say partial truths to make people believe the story is one way but in fact it's another.

NEVER an issue with my 68ref towing 29k combined for 65k. Only issue was taking off on grade with 3.42's. So if it was so bad I should have had an issue. Trans was near spotless when I removed the MagHyteck before trading on current 15 and upgrading to current 24k DRV. I ran the hell out of mine during the leaning process and it always had solid shifts, no flailing etc.

You guys bitching about the AISIN and 68rfe sell the POS you have and buy a GM or Ford for god's same!!!

I think it had everything to do with the Aisin. It was the Aisin that was removed to be worked on. Maybe the tech working on it made a bad situation worse.

Bottom Line: Medium duty doesn't mean a thing when it was your Aisin transmission on the shop floor and your truck out of service!

Keep on twisting what happened if you must. FACT is I was nearing the end of my 100k warranty and I wanted to fix a "MINOR" amount of seeping where the front and rear came together. I figured I would get it fixed while under warranty. If I was not under warranty I would have never considered it enough to be fixed.

The Tech has worked for the Chrysler Dealer for well over 20 years and is their "Trans Guy". He is known in the Valley as one of the best Trans guys out there on any Trans MOPAR or not. He has replaced three AISIN's as the issue warranted them to be replaced instead of repaired. That is NOTHING over the 15 years the AISIN has been installed in RAM Trucks. They are a good sized Dealer.

To do the repair on any other Trans you simply split if and replace the gasket without removing the Trans. That is how he did it. After the Trans failed I gave him a Chrysler Tech sheet that tells how to do the repair and it is to remove the trans and stand it on the bell housing end to do the gasket repair. I received the Tech material from the former Head West Coast Chrysler Warranty Rep I know.

So the fact is he took responsibility for what happened and it had NOTHING to do with the transmission.

My replacement Trans has a 3 year 100k warranty from Chrysler.

GOT IT ?????????

It has everything to do with the transmission , it was in the shop for whatever you want to call it major ,minor ,whatever . Fact is it was having a failure ,no matter how minor is was a problem, wouldn't have been in the shop otherwise .

Ram transmissions are always a topic on the forums , always has been . As said before the others might have their issues also ,but transmissions never seem to be a common topic, like the Ram . Yours wasn't a tragedy ,but it still happened . could of been worse ,no warranty .

cummins2014

Utah

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 07/18/22 09:11am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Cummins12V98 wrote:

MFL wrote:

^Musta stayed up late/out too late, just seem a bit grumpy for Sunday morning? [emoticon]

It's okay though, happens to all of us on occasion!

Jerry

Been getting up at 2am to be fishing at sun up last few days.

No 2am here ,bugs don't start hatching until the day warms up ,getting plenty of sleep before fishing . [emoticon]

Cummins12V98

on the road

View Profile

Posted: 07/18/22 11:36am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Incredible, I said if I didn't have a warranty I would not have had it fixed as it was VERY minor. But keep on making it more than it was if it makes y'all feel better.

8.5, 10 and 21# Chinooks make it worth getting up EARLY.

2015 RAM LongHorn 3500 Dually CrewCab 4X4 CUMMINS/AISIN RearAir 385HP/865TQ 4:10's
37,800# GCVWR "Towing Beast"

"HeavyWeight" B&W RVK3600

2016 MobileSuites 39TKSB3 highly "Elited" In the stable

2007.5 Mobile Suites 36 SB3 29,000# Combined SOLD

ford truck guy

Pennsylvania

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 07/18/22 12:28pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Cummins12V98 wrote:

Incredible, I said if I didn't have a warranty I would not have had it fixed as it was VERY minor. But keep on making it more than it was if it makes y'all feel better.

I need to be on that boat with ya

Me-Her-the kids
2020 Ford F350 SD 6.7
2020 Redwood 3991RD Garnet

blt2ski

Kirkland, Wa

View Profile

Posted: 07/18/22 05:18pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Not on fishing boat per day right now.....if the wind picks up, I could probably troll as many do behind stick boats....

Hoping wind does pick up, drifting on a race course is not a lot of fun. Even if it is only 70F, sun can get intense with water reflection.

I have yet to have a truck, heavy equipment, puter program etc that I did not come up with an improvement that when I hit a combo of X years, Y provements to said item, that I went out and bought new one if in budget...... One would think Ron is of the same thought pattern.

Marty

92 Navistar dump truck, 7.3L 7 sp, 4.33 gears with a Detroit no spin
2014 Chevy 1500 Dual cab 4x4
92 Red-e-haul 12K equipment trailer

FishOnOne

The Great State of Texas

View Profile

Posted: 07/18/22 06:21pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Cummins12V98 wrote:

GOT IT ?????????

I got it right here! [emoticon]

[image]

Take a deep breath... It's all good!

* This post was edited 07/18/22 06:48pm by FishOnOne *

'12 Ford Super Duty FX4 ELD CC 6.7 PSD 400HP 800ft/lbs
"250k Miles"
'16 Sprinter 319MKS "Wide Body"

cummins2014

Utah

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 07/18/22 07:33pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Cummins12V98 wrote:

Caught a fair amount of Salmon, where you are now , and Alaska . Also some bigger stuff Marlin , and Tuna . And to be honest I wouldn’t trade all that fishing for my summers in Montana , and a 20” Rainbow or Brown on a fly rod out of the rivers , but just maybe a couple of those kings I caught on a fly rod on Kodiak Island . Didn’t care much for the gear fishing for Salmon . Especially the snagging the Reds , foul hook them , have to throw them back , its not the fishing I like .

cummins2014

Utah

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 07/18/22 08:15pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

FishOnOne wrote:

Cummins12V98 wrote:

[emoticon]
GOT IT ?????????

I got it right here! [emoticon]

[image]

Take a deep breath... It's all good!

It is , they all can break , it’s just the Ram does it a bit more often . [emoticon]

FishOnOne

The Great State of Texas

View Profile

Posted: 07/18/22 08:36pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

cummins2014 wrote:

Cummins12V98 wrote:

Caught a fair amount of Salmon, where you are now , and Alaska . Also some bigger stuff Marlin , and Tuna . And to be honest I wouldn’t trade all that fishing for my summers in Montana , and a 20” Rainbow or Brown on a fly rod out of the rivers , but just maybe a couple of those kings I caught on a fly rod on Kodiak Island . Didn’t care much for the gear fishing for Salmon . Especially the snagging the Reds , foul hook them , have to throw them back , its not the fishing I like .

Caught these speckled trout Saturday morning. Couldn't buy a redfish bite.

[image]

blofgren

Surrey, B.C.

View Profile

Posted: 07/18/22 09:24pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

the1adman wrote:

I am a hardcore Cummins fan, owned several of every generation since 1993-first gen. I have a 2021 3500 HO Aisin, there is plenty of room for improvement. The Cummins and the exhaust brake are flawless, the transmission not so much.

The Aisin isn't terrible, just not the ultimate transmission so many make it out to be. My 2017 with the 68 RFE wasn't really much worse when towing 15K plus. I don't know if that's saying a lot about the 68 RFE or little about the Aisin.

I am the odd minority that wants a manual transmission, I never had a complaint about any of the manual trucks I owned. I would jump all over a quality manual transmission option, I know those days are past and probably never see that option again in a new diesel pickup.

Sorry to hear that you're not happy with your transmission. I do love my G56 manual transmission, and it is really good with the double disc Southbend clutch.

2013 Ram 3500 Megacab DRW Laramie 4x4, 6.7L Cummins, G56, 3.73, Maximum Steel, black lthr, B&W RVK3670 hitch, Retrax, Linex, and a bunch of options incl. cargo camera
2008 Corsair Excella Platinum 34.5 CKTS fifth wheel with winter package & disc brakes

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 10  
Prev  |  Next

Open Roads Forum  >  Tow Vehicles

> Ford vs. Ram vs. GM Diesel HP/TQ Ratings
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Tow Vehicles

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2022 CWI, Inc. © 2022 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved.