cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

The Sewer Valve

Bobmontana
Explorer
Explorer
Well, one of the disadvantages of a hidden sewer valve is having to replace said valve. So much fun. Oh did I mention that the tank is full and the valve is broken internally in the closed position? Good times...
14 REPLIES 14

Bobmontana
Explorer
Explorer
Update: What pain in the rear! Ive finally decided to silicone the gaskets into the valve to try to get the valve in without unseating the gaskets. Just no room between the flanges to work with.

Bobmontana
Explorer
Explorer
Update: Well, all for nothing. The valve was ok. I'll change it anyway now, gonna add a tank flusher too while it's apart. Must have just been plugged I guess.

valhalla360
Nomad II
Nomad II
Yep, looks real pretty but makes service a bear and yes, you will eventually need to service it.
Tammy & Mike
Ford F250 V10
2021 Gray Wolf
Gemini Catamaran 34'
Full Time spliting time between boat and RV

nickthehunter
Nomad II
Nomad II
Just curious, did you ask them how big their hose is and did you measure how big the down pipe hole is in your toilet? I know my toilet valve does not lead to a very big opening.

Bobmontana
Explorer
Explorer
Update: Yup, local contractor that rents out portable outhouses has a truck they are going to send out in a couple of days. So when anyone else runs into this problem, keep that in mind.

ralph_day
Explorer
Explorer
Maybe a local portable toilet company would be a better bet...their suction hose would be smaller, probably a smaller call-out fee too. Good luck.

Bobmontana
Explorer
Explorer
I can try that once i get the end cut off. Unless i can get it pumped out first then it would be easy after that.

QCMan
Nomad II
Nomad II
If the cable is disconnected, is there room to screw un a long 1/4-20 screw? You could pull it out with that as that is the female end thread in the valve.
2020 Keystone Cougar 22RBS, Ram 1500, two Jacks and plenty of time to roam!
The difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has its limits. A.E.
Good Sam Life Member

poppa
Explorer
Explorer
good luck!

Bobmontana
Explorer
Explorer
I thought about cutting away the outer part to get at the valve but I don't really want to be doing it in the parking lot at the local dump station. They get pretty upset over any spillage , understandably.

Turtle_n_Peeps
Explorer
Explorer
You might also drill out the slide end (if you can get to it) and put a self tapping screw in it and pull it open with a plyers?

Good luck man.
~ Too many freaks & not enough circuses ~

"Life is not tried ~ it is merely survived ~ if you're standing
outside the fire"

"The best way to get a bad law repealed is to enforce it strictly."- Abraham Lincoln

Bobmontana
Explorer
Explorer
My plan is to hopefully have the local septic truck come to the partially disambled trailer and put a 2 inch hose down the toilet and suck it out so I can replace the valve. Going to add a black tank flush kit while its apart. Thats the "plan" anyway.

Bobmontana
Explorer
Explorer
Yea, I took the covering off underneath. I can actuate the control rod but it must be detatchwd from the gate. (Cable remote type valve)

poppa
Explorer
Explorer
are ya sure ya didnt just un screw the stem out of the valve gate?