cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Driving from Ventura to Palm Springs through Pasadena

mlynnsf
Explorer
Explorer
We have to get from Ventura CA to Palm Springs, towing a 20 foot travel trailer. Google Maps is routing us from the 101 through Glendale and Pasadena on the 210 to I10. I am concerned this route takes us too close to LA for driving comfort. We do not often tow our trailer through big cities. Does anyone know if this route will be insane? Please provide other suggestions if you have a better way. Thank you.
6 REPLIES 6

mlynnsf
Explorer
Explorer
Thanks for your responses. This will be a November trip.

Itakethe5th2011
Explorer
Explorer
You did not say what dates you are traveling. All 210 west bound lane are closed till this coming Tuesday for bridge work at the 605 and 210. I believe starting August 26 and ending August 30,the east bound lanes are shut down from 605 freeway to Irwindale Road. Lots of work being done on our freeways down here.

time2roll
Explorer II
Explorer II
210 is easy. Late morning is probably best for eastbound.
Use the "leave by" function to get an idea on traffic.

CA_Traveler
Explorer III
Explorer III
I've taken 101, 134, 210 mid day and it was OK. 118 might be better. Any road through the LA area can be a nightmare at any time.
2009 Holiday Rambler 42' Scepter with ISL 400 Cummins
750 Watts Solar Morningstar MPPT 60 Controller
2014 Grand Cherokee Overland

Bob

Rocky2
Explorer
Explorer
My preferred route is to take the 118 from Ventura through Simi Valley to the 210, mid week if possible. I leave Ventura after 9am to hit Pasadena after the morning rush. At that point, rush hour traffic is in bound and I am going out bound.

MarkTwain
Explorer
Explorer
Hwy. 210 to 10 is the most direct. BUT!!!! the time you make the trip is critical. I used to start a 3AM in the morning or 10PM at night on Sat. or Sun. to avoid all the daily commuters going to and from work. Be sure and run with your lights on and allow 3 times the distance behind cars to avoid rear ending anyone.